Seventh-Day Adventists/Sabbath worship

Jan wrote at 2008-03-04 07:36:04
Dear Sal I think you should read Romans 9:4, Gods people are now called Israel. Read Ephesians 2:12 When the Gentiles were without Christ they were aliens from the commonwealth of Israel.The old covenant was in the blood of animals ,The new covenant was in the blood of Christ,but the message of the Bible has never changed, and as of the for the state of the dead read 1 Thessalonians 4:13-17

The dead are in the grave untill Christ comes again.

regards Jan

Sal wrote at 2008-03-23 01:35:16
Sorry Jan the Bible Never says that the souls are in the grave. You do what SDAs often do and that is to confuse the body that the Bible says is in the grave until Christ returns and the soul that is conscious. The body is resurrected to be united with the body. the soul is Never said to be resurrected.

sipho wrote at 2011-04-15 17:49:15
the SDA are the remnant. the roman catholics r doing anything they can do 2 put da world in darknes but thank GOd that the holy spirit of truth is present 2 teach us prophecy and remove us from darknes. the fact dat the catholics changed da commandments means dat they want pipo in darknes. the 2nd law was changed yo catecheism proves glory be 2 GOD

james wrote at 2011-11-30 17:06:32
the answer that sal gave is not honest.

Catholics sources from the 1800s have consistently vindicated Seventh Day Adventists as the only true protestants.

the issue of Saturday or Sunday is just incidental. what the issue is,is who do you worship? who do you show your loyalty to? Saturday (Sabbath) originated from God. Sunday originated form the papacy(pope) so when i worship on Saturday(Sabbath) am essentially showing the world that i recognize God as the creator and being loyal to Him. when i worship on Sunday,i show that my allegiance is to the pope. the issue is authority not a day. its either Sabbath on Saturday for God or Sunday for the pope.

Sunday comes from the worship of the sun god and it was incorporated into Christianity by emperor Constantine to woo pagans into the church.

infarct worship on Sunday is idolatry of the highest order. Sunday was the first day of the week to be created. when we transform the creature(in this case Sunday) to be worshiped we call it idolatry.

the Sabbath was not the sign of the old covenant. the sign of the old covenant was circumcision. the Sabbath is the sign of God sanctifying us.

The problems that are facing the Seventh Day Adventist church nowadays are as a result of Jesuits infiltration who want to distort the  pure doctrines because they know that the Seventh day Adventist church is the only true church in the whole world,so they don't want you and others to know the truth of Christ as it is revealed in the Seventh Day Adventist church.

Doesn't it concern you that the devil is only angry at that church and its members who keep the commandments of God and the have the testimony(faith) of Jesus Christ. the devil is not concerned with Rome and others who claim to follow the bible only but live contrary to all its express principles.

The Seventh Day Adventists are not perfect,but an honest person will see that they can biblically defend and proof every doctrine and truth that they profess.

true prophets and true Israelites were hated by the majority during the time of the old testament. there is nothing new under the sun,the same is happening now by the hatred shown towards the SDA church and its members.

lastly if you follow the secret UN and the Roman catholic agenda for the world ,you will realize that the final events will be eliminating from the world by persecuting and putting to death all those who will not submit to the pope and to obliterate that form of Protestantism which worship God on God's terms and not on man's terms. that form of Protestantism is none other than the Seventh Day Adventism.

than you.

james

james wrote at 2011-12-01 12:56:45
To all those who wish to know the truth of the sabbath,read the following quotes both from protestant churches and from the catholic church. they are straight forward and does not a rocket scientist to figure them out.

1. the authority of the church could therefore not be bound to the authority of the scriptures,because the church had changed... the sabbath into sunday,not by command of Christ,but by it own AUTHORITY.' canon and tradition,page 263.

2. sunday is founded not on scripture,but on tradition,and as distnctly catholic institution. catholic record sept 17.1893.

3. the new testament makes no explicit mention that the apostles changed the day of worship,but we know it from TRADITION. the new revised baltimore catechism (1949).

4. the baptists: there was a commandmment to keep holy the sabbath day,but that sabbath day was not sunday....there is NO scriptural evidence of the change of the sabbath institution from the seventh day to the first day of the week. dr. edward T hiscox, 9author of the baptist manual) new york ministers conference , Nov 13,1893.

5. Anglicans: many people think that sunday is the sabbath,but neither in new testament nor in the early church is there anything to suggest that we have any right to transfer the observance of the seventh day of the week to the first. the sabbath was and is saturday and not sunday... Rev lionel beere,church and people,sept 1st 1947.

6. congregationists: its quite clear that however rigidly or devoutly we spend sunday,we are not keeping the sabbath....there is not a single sentence in the new testament to suggest that we incur anypenalty by violating the supposed sanctity of sunday. Dr. R W Dale,the ten commandments,pp100,101.

7. presbyterians: a change of the day to be observed for the last day of the week to the first. there is No record,NO express command,authorizing this change. N. L Rice,the christian sabbath,p 60.

8. lutherans: the observance of the Lord's day (sunday) is founded not on any command of God,but on the AUTHORITY of the church. the ausburg confession. in catholic sabbth manual,part 2,section 10.

9. catholics: we have made a change from the seventh day to the first day,from saturday to sunday,on the AUTHORITY of the one holy catholic and apostolic church of Christ,why we keep sunday,p 28.

10. catholics: reason and common sense demand the acceptance of one or the other of these alternatives:either protestantism and the keeping holy of saturday or catholicity and the keeping holy of sunday. compromise is impossible. the catholic mirror,december 23,1893.

11. catholics: protestants in discarding the authority of the Roman catholic church has no good reason for its sunday theory,and ought logically to keepsaturday as the sabbath. john gilmary shea in the american catholic quartery review,january 1883.

12. catholics: if protestants would hold to the bible,they should worship God on the sabbath day. in keeping the sunday they are following the law of the catholic church.albert smith,chancellor of the archdiocese of baltimore,replying for the cardinal in a letter dated feb 10,1920.

13. catholics: the scriptures enforce the religious observance of saturday.'' james cardinal gibbons,the faith of our fathers,p 89.

14.. catholics: SHE(PAPACY) TOOK THE PAGAN SUNDAY AND MADE IT THE CHRISTIAN SUNDAY... AND THUS THE PAGAN SUNDAY,DEDICATED TO BALDER BECAME THE CHRISTIAN SUNDAY SACRED TO JESUS.'' catholic world,march 1894,p 809.

15. sunday is our MARK OF AUTHORITY... the church is above the bible,and this transference of sabbath observance is proof of that fact. catholic record. sept 1,1923.  

Aaron wrote at 2012-11-21 22:28:48
The old convent

Exodus 19:7-8

So Moses came and called for the elders of the people, and laid before them all these words which the Lord commanded him. 8 Then all the people answered together and said, “All that the Lord has spoken we will do.” So Moses brought back the words of the people to the Lord.

The New convent

Hebrews 8:10

For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord: I will put My laws in their mind and write them on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people.

Malachi 3:6-7

“For I am the Lord, I do not change;

Therefore you are not consumed, O sons of Jacob.

7 Yet from the days of your fathers

You have gone away from My ordinances

And have not kept them.

Return to Me, and I will return to you,”

Says the Lord of hosts.

“But you said,

‘In what way shall we return? ’

Seventh-Day Adventists

Sal