Seventh-Day Adventists/the Nephilim

Stephen C. Toth wrote at 2009-02-28 18:14:19
I'd like to clarify just a couple of things for whomever reads this. Matthew 22:30 doesn't say that angels CAN'T reproduce. It says that angels IN HEAVEN don't marry neither are they given to marriage. Since we believe that God says what He means and means what He says, we need to take Him at His word. First, Jesus is talking about marriage, not reproduction. Second, Jesus is talking about the actions of the angels in Heaven, not on Earth. II Peter 2 says that these sngels CAST OFF THEIR FIRST ESTATE (oketarion).  They are not interested in obedience to God. They left Heaven. They "took" wives of all that they chose. It doesn't sound as if the daughters of men (Benoth Adam) even had a choice, but that's speculation on my part.

Furthermore, if you compare the term "sons of God" throughout the bible, you'll notice a difference between when God is speaking of angels and humans. The sons of God, as angels, are called the "Bene-Ha Elohim". These are those who are the direct creation of God. We aren't. We are the sons of Adam, which is why we must be born again - born of the LAST ADAM (Jesus). The "daughters of men" in Hebrew is "Benoth Adam".

Do your homework and you will discover that mankind after Adam is never identified as Bene-Ha Elohim. You will find that humans are sometimes referred to as Bene Elohim, but the "Ha" is missing.

This is referred to as "Angel Theory". The opposing school of thought is the "Seth-ite View". This teaches that the sons of God were actually those of the priestly line of Seth and that the daughters of men were the daughters of Cain's line. This idea was adopted just prior to Augustine, and when Augustine agreed with the Seth-ite View, Angel Theory was abandoned as it's much more scary. However, the Seth-ite View is twisted scripture and is debunked relatively easy. The daughters of men are the Benoth Adam, NOT the Benoth Cain. Were the daughters of Seth ugly? Sons of God are the Bene-Ha Elohim & we are the sons of Adam who need to be born again to get into Heaven. Etc., etc., etc.

Genesis 6:4 says that there were Nephilim on the earth in those days (the days before the flood), AND ALSO AFTER THAT...

Matthew 24:37 says But as the days of Noah were, so shall the coming of the Son of man be.

Keep your eyes open and be looking for the signs of Jesus' return. He is coming QUICKLY! "Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame." -Revelation 16:15

want who God will save wrote at 2010-04-16 01:26:38
Hello

The sons/daughters of god relates to those who walked in the precepts of the creator and kept his commandments.  The sons of man relates to those who walk in the precepts of the ungodly and the reason why the daughters of God when onto themn is because they were adorned with all sorts of jewelries.

Brian W wrote at 2011-04-18 03:42:35
I have to believe the nephilim are the fallen angels.  Adventist are misinterpreting the quoted Matt 22:30 about marriage to perceive that angels don't procreate...However have you ever noticed that marriage and having a baby are two different things!  Also, the topic of the conversation Jesus is having with the saduccees involves the resurrection because they don't believe in it.  Jesus is basically saying we will be like angels in heaven ...but what does that mean?  He's also saying something like "Whether I they marry or what happens, you don't know the power of God, what matter is heaven to you if you don't believe?

Huntathon wrote at 2012-01-17 07:05:08
If you look in Job 38:7 it is picturing a heavenly scene and talks about the sons of God shouting for joy but uses bene elohim and doesn't have the ha. Your theory about this being an indicator that God is talking about humans when it is absent has no basis other than using popcorn theology. Also in Dan 3:25 it talks about Jesus in the fiery furnace and describes him as looking like the sons of God and the Hebrew here is bar elahin. Don't try to prove such an important theological point using such weak reasoning and evidence. Also it say that these sons of God DID marry these women in Gen 6:2 as they took them as their wives which is a legal term in the Hebrew for marriage, exactly what Jesus said angel didn't do. Plus 2 Pet doesn't talk about angels disrobing, it is Jude 6 and it refers to angel leaving their dwelling place or post, referring the to the fall of the fallen angels.

All twisted theology in this post.

kiwikingful wrote at 2015-06-07 20:39:06
The sons of God in the Old Testament are clearly angelic beings. The torah clearly has it in translated English as divine beings. Bene-ha-Elohim is only in reference to direct creations from God. Men weren't called sons of God until Jesus died and resurrect to save us. We are the sons of Adam because we came out of Adam. Sons of God was given to describe angels. I will not believe in an apostate twisted Catholic theory like the Cainite Sethite view. I wonder why every pagan culture highlights the very descending of divine beings who came and made demi-gods (half-human, half-divine beings) with women. For example, Hercules, Perseus, Adonis etc. By the way, Benoth Adam refers to the whole of the female kind on the earth. Get the facts straight Huntathon.

rick wrote at 2015-12-13 06:05:28
angels dont take wives which means marriage. angels were created to help humans, not to get married and have families. if god said there is no marriage in heaven then there would be no sex especially out of wedlock. sons of god means godly not evil. how can evil angels be sons of god.

Seventh-Day Adventists

Glenn Hansen