Seventh-Day Adventists/witnessing to a "backslidden" SDA

Susie wrote at 2012-12-08 21:26:00
Tell the non-attending Seventh-day Adventist to study for himself what he believes and follow his conscience.  I am a member of the Seventh-day Adventist Church and I understand a lot of the problems that he may have faced within the church.  What I have learned is I had to study for myself and believe for myself from the scriptures.  I remain a member of this church because I believe its beliefs follow the Bible the closest of any other church I know of.  It is the only church that is teaching the 3 angels messages (the last warning message to the world in Revelation 14).  It makes sense to me.  Unfortunately, like any other church the wheat grow with the tares and not all within the church are born-again Christians.  You have to be a strong person to be 100% totally dedicated to Jesus and stay in any church as the devil will always find a way to get us discouraged.  I remain a Seventh-day Adventist because I believe it to be true, not because of what I may see as sin or legalism within some of the members.  Jesus will take care of them.  Tell him to study the Bible for himself and come to his own beliefs on every doctrine and then stand firm in the Lord.  May God bless!

Seventh-Day Adventists

Pastor Don Carpenter

I believe that every word of the Bible is God-Breathed. This blessed book is the foundation of truth for faith and practice. If you ask this volunteer a question you will receive an answer from the Bible that is based upon a litteral, normal interpretation, taking into account the grammar and culture of the time. If you are interested in a Biblical understanding of SDA theology, I believe that I can help you.

I have been in the ministry 20+ years. I am an avid student of the scriptures, and of theology. During the past 6 years I have spent much of my efforts studying SDA doctrines.

B.S. in Bible