Seventh-Day Adventists/The Sabbath

Nyasa wrote at 2014-05-24 05:41:44
Since the Sabbath was the last act of God concluding creation, it is God’s final act which sets the 7-day week in place.  It is not a shadow-type of anything.  Rather, it is a permanent truth and obligation that connects and binds the dependent human creation to the Creator and Sustainer in a loving bond.  The fourth commandment is the only place in Scripture which specifies and proves to us who is the true God.  If one thinks to disregard, throw out or consider the Sabbath unnecessary or obsolete, how will it be achieved?  God says it is His Sabbath, belongs to Him and He declares it is His sign of authority and identity as the Creator of the whole universe.  Note also, God calls the Sabbath ‘His holy day - My holy day.’  It is not our day, nor is it Jewish as there were no Jews at creation and for thousands of years afterwards.  Neither Adam, Moses, Abraham, Jacob or David were Jews.  Only after the disintegration of the 12 tribes of Israel long after the reign of David did the people of the remaining tribe Judah come to be known as Jews. How then can we remove from God what (i) is a part of creation and (ii) He specifically declares is His own? Is anyone able to take it from Him?  Do we have that power and authority?  No.  He created it out of ‘time’ to be the memorial of who He is - the Creator, and time cannot be tampered with, modified, adjusted, shortened, lengthened, removed and is beyond human contamination in any form unless we can remove God out of His universe and possibly out of our lives. We cannot remove the Sabbath from creation week anymore than we can remove God from His universe.  It belongs to God and only God can control time.  Indeed Satan has done a marvellous con job in bringing it into disrepute so we would not be anchored to the Creator God.  

Jaan wrote at 2016-03-14 07:30:30
In the winter, the further up north you go the earlier the sunset is and the later the sunrise is until both sunrise and sunset is at noon.  So in the winter the sabbath would be from Friday noon to Saturday noon.  Noon being the time when the sun gets closest to the horizon.  In the summer, sunset gets later and sunrise gets earlier until both sunset and sunrise are at midnight.   So in the nightless summer, the sabbath then is just Saturday.

Jaan wrote at 2016-03-14 07:44:57
Here is a great thing about observance of the sabbath as opposed to Sunday observance.  As you may have notice this weekend, Sunday keepers had only 23 hours of rest as Sunday ended 1 hour earlier.  Sabbath observers however enjoyed a full 24 hour sabbath.   In addition the sabbath was actually 24 hours and 1 minute, as the days start getting longer in spring.  The time gained in the spring or lost in the fall is only a minute per day and thus is much easier to adjust.   In biblical times also people started their day at sunrise and ended their day at sunset.  No need for daylight savings time to adjust with the sunrise because people always adjusted to the sun from day to day.  

Seventh-Day Adventists

I am privileged to be able to offer an alternative insight into the complicated world of Seventh-Day Adventists (SDA) theology. I will rely heavily on the Bible, but will also consider history and use logic in exposing deficiencies in SDA teachings. I would ask anyone who is considering becoming a SDA or if you are already in the SDA church, but are searching for the truth, to please allow me to offer a different explanation for the claims of the SDA. Remember : "The truth will set you free" (John 8:32). I can answer your questions pertaining to the beliefs and history of the SDA. I am not able to answer questions concerning spirituality or church discipline.

I have extensively studied the theology of the Seventh-Day Adventists (SDA) for a number of years. I have many books and tape sets produced by experts in this field of study. I have debated current members of the SDA church. I have a great desire to help these people see the truth.

M.S. degree in Food, Nutrition, and Dietetics