Seventh-Day Adventists/The Sabbath

Frederick wrote at 2010-01-19 18:35:02
James Cardinal Gibbons, Archbishop of Baltimore (1877-1921), in a signed letter.

"Is Saturday the seventh day according to the Bible and the Ten Commandments? I answer yes. Is Sunday the first day of the week and did the Church change the seventh day -Saturday - for Sunday, the first day? I answer yes . Did Christ change the day'? I answer no!

"Faithfully yours, J. Card. Gibbons"

Martin J. Scott, Things Catholics Are Asked About (1927),p. 136.

"Nowhere in the Bible is it stated that worship should be changed from Saturday to Sunday .... Now the Church ... instituted, by God's authority, Sunday as the day of worship. This same Church, by the same divine authority, taught the doctrine of Purgatory long before the Bible was made. We have, therefore, the same authority for Purgatory as we have for Sunday."

T. Enright, C.S.S.R., in a lecture at Hartford, Kansas, Feb. 18,1884.

"I have repeatedly offered $1,000 to anyone who can prove to me from the Bible alone that I am bound to keep Sunday holy. There is no such law in the Bible. It is a law of the holy Catholic Church alone. The Bible says, 'Remember the Sabbath day to keep it holy.' The Catholic Church says: 'No. By my divine power I abolish the Sabbath day and command you to keep holy the first day of the week.' And lo! The entire civilized world bows down in a reverent obedience to the command of the holy Catholic Church."  

Frank Walker wrote at 2010-01-20 05:00:19
Heb 4:9  So then, there remains a sabbath rest for the people of God;

Heb 4:10  for whoever enters God's rest also ceases from his labors as God did from his.  

Wayne wrote at 2010-01-21 14:55:53
I have scripture for you Anthony, and plenty of it, but the thing is, all I wanted you to tell me is why you and your denomination keep contradicting your “prophet” Mrs White, but all you did was give me verses that once again contradict her, talk about the blind leading the blind, my word... I knew if I start giving you verses, and explaining the correct meaning of the verses that you gave me, we would end up going way off track, and I would never get an answer out of you. Once again I say, by avoiding my question, you have given me an answer, Thanks... As for your attacks on our fellow Christian Sal, if you think he is more knowledgeable that you, you should just say so, no need to run the man down just because you cant answer a question. I’ve put this on through “add to this answer” so you do not have to reply. Thanks again Anthony...

Frank wrote at 2010-01-31 04:03:08
The new testament writers didn't establish which laws were part of the new covenant.

When Jesus died on the cross the new covenant was established.  No Apostle, Prophet, disciple, or tradition could change the covenant after his death.  

Hebrews 9:17,18 "For where a testament [is], there must also of necessity be the death of the testator.  

"For a testament [is] of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth."

in Christ's love,

Frank

Sis. Daniel wrote at 2011-07-16 18:57:15
Please remember to add Hebrew 4: 4-9 4For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works.

5And in this place again, If they shall enter into my rest.

6Seeing therefore it remaineth that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief:

7Again, he limiteth a certain day, saying in David, To day, after so long a time; as it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts.

8For if Jesus had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day.

9There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God.

Sashai wrote at 2013-02-23 04:14:58
James 2:8-11"If you really keep the royal law found in Scripture, “Love your neighbor as yourself,”[a] you are doing right.  But if you show favoritism, you sin and are convicted by the law as lawbreakers. For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it. For he who said, “You shall not commit adultery,” also said, “You shall not murder.” If you do not commit adultery but do commit murder, you have become a lawbreaker.

James 2:8-10 speaks about three of the COmmandments, but does that mean that we only keep those three and ignore the rest? In Matthew Christ speaks about the two new  COmmandments, love for God and love for man. And in Romans 13:8-10 Paul speaks about the "NEW" commandments being a summary of the old. He mentions six, does this mean these are greater than the other four? Nope! The bible doesn't say REMEMBER KEEP THE SABBATH! it says to KEEP THE 10 COMMANDMENTS! WHY? James 2:10 says "For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it."

Pleasant Sabbath

Seventh-Day Adventists

Anthony