Seventh-Day Adventists/a sign between Me and you ... FOREVER...

Frank wrote at 2010-02-26 05:54:38
In Hebrews 4:2 Paul says the children of Israel had the gospel preached to them but failed to enter the Promised Land because of unbelief.

“For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it”.

Please notice that the gospel preached in the Old Testament is the same Gospel that is preached in the New Testament.

After Paul states in verse nine that there remains a rest to the people of God, he says in verse 10, “For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his”.  This verse shows us that the rest in verse nine is the rest of Genesis 2:3.

Everyone who accepts Christ experiences the rest from the guilt of sin and the condemnation of the law.  “Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest” (Matthew 11:28).  However, this can’t be the rest referred to in verse 10 of Hebrews 4 because God has never sinned.  It isn’t the rest of the heavenly Canaan (the New Jerusalem) because Christ takes us to that rest at the second coming.  That only leaves the weekly seventh day Sabbath. Therefore the rest that the believer enters into (verse 9) is the rest of Genesis 2:3, the seventh day Sabbath.

In Christ’s love,

Frank

CH wrote at 2013-07-23 08:09:33
Hi, how then do you explain Isaiah 66:22-23 which says," For as the new heaven and the new earth, which I shall make, shall remain before me, saith the Lord, so shall your seed and your name remain. And it shall come to pass that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the Lord.

So, even in the new heaven and new earth, the sabbath is to be observed. Is it only the Israelites that will be in there? I you find yourself in heaven, will you join in worshiping God on the sabbath?

Seventh-Day Adventists

Sal