Seventh-Day Adventists/your email address

Frank wrote at 2010-03-06 20:03:36
Sal states, “EGW considered herself to be greater than the Prophets of the Bible. “…my work includes much more than the word ‘prophet’ signifies” (Review and Herald [official SDA publication], July 26, 1907). “My commission embraces the work of a prophet, but it does not end there” (Selected Messages, vol. 1, p. 36).”   

Here is the actual statement,

“During the discourse, I said that I did not claim to be a prophetess. Some were surprised at this statement, and as much is being said in regard to it, I will make an explanation. Others have called me a prophetess, but I have never assumed that title. I have not felt that it was my duty thus to designate myself. Those who boldly assume that they are prophets in this our day are often a reproach to the cause of Christ.  {1SM 35.6}          

My work includes much more than this name signifies. I regard myself as a messenger, entrusted by the Lord with messages for His people.”--Letter 55, 1905.  {1SM 36.1}          I am now instructed that I am not to be hindered in my work by those who engage in suppositions regarding its nature, whose minds are struggling with so many intricate problems connected with the supposed work of a prophet. My commission embraces the work of a prophet, but it does not end there. It embraces much more than the minds of those who have been sowing the seeds of unbelief can comprehend.--Letter 244, 1906. (Addressed to elders of Battle Creek church.)  {1SM 36.2}

Here is the web address that responds to 53 false charges made by critic of the Seventh-day Adventist church

http://www.whiteestate.org/issues/contradictions.html

In Christ’s love,

Frank

Sheldon Francis wrote at 2015-07-23 16:58:21
f to be You said that she considers her self to be greater than the Prophets, but this is what Jesus says.

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father. 13And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it." John 14:12-

Seventh-Day Adventists

Sal