Seventh-Day Adventists/How/when forgiveness of sins accomlished

SDA wrote at 2012-12-31 12:52:32
Jesus is our Advocate or Mediator. When we confess our sins and are forgiven it is through Jesus. He shows His hands and tells to the Father : I have paid for it. Then, our sin is taken from us and transferred to the Sanctuary in heaven. It stays there until the final judgment or atonement before Jesus comes again (Jesus comes with the reward, He knows who is saved and who is lost). If we have repented and all our sins are forgiven, they will be removed from the sanctuary and placed on the scapegoat or satan who will be destroyed. Those who didn't repent for they known sins, they will pay for their sins and they will be destroyed together with their sins. And then there will be no more sin or sinners and God will create new heavens and new earth.  

Kevin McMillen wrote at 2013-01-21 16:09:56
sda wrote:

*****If we have repented and all our sins are forgiven, they will be removed from the sanctuary and placed on the scapegoat or satan who will be destroyed****

The Azazul goat is the goat of departure or removal. Just who removes our sins as far as east is from west? Jesus does.

Jesus' role of removing sin is found in three types in the services on the Day of Covering.

The High Priest pictures Christ.

The first goat pictures Christ.

The second goat also pictures Christ.

The first goat symbolizes Christ' first role of paying the price for our past sins. This is accomplished at baptism.

The High Priest symbolizes Christ' role of him standing as our High Priest and advocate in heaven.

The second goat symbolizes Christ' next role of removing our sins after baptism which we confess continually before him. Removing them as far as east is from west.

The second goat does not sybolize satan.

Kevin McMillen

kljcmc@comcast.net

Seventh-Day Adventists

Dennis Wicklund