Seventh-Day Adventists/Sins after the Cross

Carol C. wrote at 2013-06-09 06:05:06
Dear Brent, I too, had questions on the heavenly sanctuary, but all was answered when I read the book of Hebrews.  To start off, Romans 8:34 says, "Christ Jesus who died. ..who is raised to life---is at the RIGHT HAND OF GOD and is also interceding for us."  Hebrews 8:1, We do have such a high priest, who sat down at the RIGHT HAND OF THE THRONE OF THE MAJESTY IN HEAVEN,and who serves in the sanctuary, the true tabernacle set up by the Lord, not man; It goes on to say, in verse 8, But God found fault with the people and said," The time is coming declares the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel- -It will not be like the covenant I made with their forefathers when I took them by the hand to lead them out of Egypt. . .I will put my laws in their minds and write them on their hearts. . .For I will forgive their wickedness and WILL REMEMBER THEIR SINS NO MORE.  By calling this covenant new, he has made the first one obsolete. "  See, our sins are forgiven when we seek forgiveness and Jesus forgets them.  They aren't preserved somewhere for judgement.   And as far as the tabernacle in heaven, well, the Bible says in Hebrews 9:8, "The Holy Spirit was showing by this that the way into the Most Holy Place had not yet been disclosed as long as the first tabernacle was still standing. .and following in verse 12, "but he entered the Most Holy Place once for all by his own blood, having obtained eternal redemption." The atonement was by Jesus at the cross; it didn't start down the road in 1844. And my favorite text that changed my life forever is Hebrews 10:19, "Therefore, brothers, since we have confidence to enter the Most Holy Place by the blood of Jesus, by a new and living way opened for us through the curtain, that is His body. . ."  We did not have to wait to receive the atonement. The writer of Hebrews says it's already been made available. How great is that?  Romans 5:ll in the King James says," Not only is this so, but we also rejoice in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received the atonement.#reconciliation#. The old has become new..Heb 6:19 " We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure.  It enters the INNER SANCTUARY BEHIND THE CURTAIN, where Jesus, who went before us HAS entered on our behalf.  He has become a high priest forever, in the order of Melchizedek. ...and verses 11 " If perfection could have been attained through the LEVITICAL PRIESTHOOD #for on the basis of it the law was given to the people#, why was there still need for another priest to come--one in the order of MELCHIZEDEK, NOT in the order of AAron?  I always worried about the "investigative judgement", until I found that terminology not even in the Bible.

I like John 1:9," If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." Micah 7:20, "You will again have compassion on us; you will tread our sins underfoot and hurl all our iniquities into the depths of the sea".  Thank you Jesus.  

Seventh-Day Adventists

Can one know God and not keep His commandments? Let John answer (1Jn2:4). He that says, I know Him and keeps not His commandments (including the 4th) is a liar and the truth is not in him. Since Seventh-Day Adventists derive their teachings from the Holy Bible, I will answer questions on any Biblically related subject or topic and questions on distinct Adventist practice and doctrine. Remember Paul`s words that state in the last days there will be deceivers seeking to lead astray many, yet the sincere believer can take comfort in the Lord`s promise that anyone desiring to know His truth will know it. May the Lord bless you as you seek Him.

I graduated from an Adventist University with a major in Behavioral Science and a minor in religion including an intermediate study of the Greek written language. I earned a master in religion from Liberty University a Baptist seminary. I have been a student of the Bible and of Biblical history for over 30 years.