Seventh-Day Adventists/Does Jesus take new sins upon Him

Question
QUESTION: Hi Glen,
(I mistakenly left out the words 'sins' when I tried to ask you this earlier)
My question is:
Is it true that when we confess our sins, that the sin(s) are transferred to Jesus before they are transferred to the heavenly sanctuary?
And if that is true (or if SDA's believe that) wouldn't that mean that Jesus takes upon Himself new sins when believers confess to Him in heaven?
I have heard sone presentations of SDA doctrine recently and need some clarification... Thank you

ANSWER: Brent,  Can you show some texts which plainly describe what you are asking about? Any passages from which such ideas can be reasonably extrapolated? Some Adventist belief comes from EGW, not plain declarations of Scripture.

The book of Hebrews explains what was important in the sanctuary services. Many years ago I heard W.D. Frazee say that sins we commit cause Jesus pain now. I asked him for clarification from Scripture. He said, "Brother, Don't worry about what the Bible says, read Sr. White." I don't want to base my beleifs on what Sr. white said. I want a faith founded on Scripture.

If you can put some passages together which make the point you want clarified, we can review them.

QUESTION: "As anciently  the sins of the people were by faith placed upon the sin offering and through its blood transferred, in figure, to the earthly sanctuary, so in the new covenant the sins of the repentant are by faith placed upon Christ and transferred, in fact, to the heavenly sanctuary." The Great Controversy page 421

What do Adventists who, like Mr Frazee believe that these words are inspired, understand this to believe? I'm reading it, but can't get people I ask to say it... I'm told something more in line with mainstream Christian thought, but most Christians wouldn't agree with the above statement... And this is my point, I've asked my questions twice, and you seem to be unwilling to answer (just how it seems on my end).

I am honestly looking to hear what an Adventist who believes about Ellen White understands this to be saying... it seems like shes saying sins are placed on Jesus when  we confess them, then transferred to the "heavenly sanctuary".. I'm asking you because I thought it would be easier for you to give me the Adventist perspective, or the perspective of an Adventist who believes these words are inspired... did I do something out of protocal here?? please help

Answer
Brent, The point being made in the passage is that Christ is in reality doing what was done figuratively in Old Testament times. The sanctuary service could not really remove sin. It pointed to Jesus whose blood and Spirit can effectively cleanse the believer from sin:

Heb 9:13  for if the blood of goats and bulls and the ashes of a heifer sprinkling those who have been defiled sanctify for the cleansing of the flesh,
14  how much more will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal spirit offered himself without blemish to god, cleanse your conscience from dead works to serve the living god?

Study the passages in Hebrews which deal with the work of Christ in heaven--chapters 7-10. If you are unable to reconcile what Ellen White said with the Bible, then you must decide which to believe. Ellen White wrote more than one chapter on the sanctuary. If you are interested, read it all, not just one small passage. Then compare it to Scripture. Sometimes she goes into greater detail than Scripture. I'm more comfortable in staying with what the Bible says.  

Seventh-Day Adventists

Glenn Hansen