Seventh-Day Adventists/love the lord

Question
If you love the LORD is anything truely BONDGE???

Answer
Hello Eric,

Thank you for your question.

Simply put, Jesus is the source of true freedom.

2 Corinthians 3:17 (NIV)
17  Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.

I suppose you are referencing my eBook regarding bondage. If you should decide to read it, you will discover that I am not saying that loving God and doing what He asks of us is bondage. When one loves the Lord, one wants nothing more than to cheerfully please Him in every way.

Speaking specifically as a former Seventh-day Adventist, bondage comes into play when Ellen White, the church leaders and others are allowed to place members under the law and the many other do's and don'ts that are unbiblical and have nothing to do with salvation. SDAs are discouraged from reading the writings of other Christians making them dependent on the church's usage and interpretation of Scripture along with their other authoritative source, Ellen White.

Bondage is continually trying to keep the law given to the Israelites that Gentiles were never given or commanded to keep. Bondage is constantly failing but continuing to try -- ignoring the fact that Jesus fulfilled the law and also ignoring the fact that Jesus bore our past, present and future sins and nailed them to the cross. Bondage is feeling guilty, living in fear because of uncertainty of salvation and hoping that someway, somehow one will attain perfection of character so that one can stand sinless without a mediator (even though Jesus promised to never leave nor forsake the believer).

For me, it was like living in a prison of doubt and deferred hope for something I wasn't sure would happen -- my salvation. I was always wondering when Jesus would come to my name in the so-called Investigative Judgment and hoping beyond hope that He would find me ready. I focused on my behavior and on trying to be good instead of having 100% confidence in the finished work of Christ as my Substitute. Jesus took on all of my sins and then graciously and mercifully declared me righteous. I am saved, He is able to keep me and I proclaim this fact to the world gleefully!

Believing and accepting what Jesus has already done for me is not a burden but true freedom, peace and complete joy!

I hope this has helped you understand my meaning of bondage.

Seventh-Day Adventists

Patricia Allen