Seventh-Day Adventists/New sins after Jesus' death on Cross

Question
QUESTION: Please help me understand something's I've heard taught by some Seventh Day Adventists...
Do you follow that when we confess our sins to Jesus, He is even today in heaven taking those sins upon Himself???
When we confess our sins, are our sins literally laid upon Jesus before they are transferred to the heavenly sanctuary?
Some clarification on these things would be helpful. Thank you.

ANSWER: Hi Brent,

On the cross Christ paid the price for all sin, once and for all thus opening a way for us to be able to get to Heaven, since all have sinned and fallen short (Rom 3:23).

In studying the Old Testament Sanctuary service which is the pattern of the sanctuary in Heaven (Ex 25:9, Ex 26:30, Num 8:4, Acts 7:44), we see that the sin of the sinner is put onto the victim and into the victims blood (Lev 1:4;3:2,8). Than that "tainted" (since it now contains the sin) blood is transported into the sanctuary by the priest (Example: Lev 4:6).

Heb 4:14 states that Jesus is our high priest, and He is also the Lamb of God slain from the beginning of the world (Rev 13:8).

So He ministers in the Most Holy place (since 1844 - time of "judgement" or cleansing Dan 8:14) presenting His own blood/sacrifice before the throne of God as an atonement for our sins.  

Since Christ died for all of our sins at the cross, His blood contains all the sins of the repentant. I say only the repentant, because you can only be saved if you claim Jesus as your Savior and you accept His sacrifice. Only when you are faced with the perfect life & law of Christ do we start to understand the error of our ways...thus forcing us down to our knees in true repentance. Each day more repented sins are added to the blood of Christ. If we are left with any sin that is un-repented of when the final time comes (Rev 22:11)(or because of an  untimely death), we will have to stand before our Maker with a stain upon us and with no excuse. As such we will have to die since the wages of sin is death (Rom 6:23). We have to die because we did not accept the sacrifice of Christ to take the place for us (for that particular sin).

Our responsibility is to make sure that our sins are repented for, and ever increase our relationship with Christ so that through Him we can live a sinless and perfect life on earth (Matt 5:48; 1 John 2:1).  

Let me know if you have any further questions.

God bless!!

Matt

QUESTION: Okay,
Thank you Matt!
Once sin is added to the blood of Christ, is sin then transferred to the heavenly sanctuary? Has it been revealed how that happens?

Thx again

Answer
Hi Brent,

Yes, as we look once again to the pattern in the Old Testament we can see how this happens.

Hebrews 8:4-6 tells us that the sacrifices done in the Desert Sanctuary are a "shadow" of Heavenly things to come. This particular message (anti-type) was fulfilled by the life, death, resurrection, and current position of Christ.

In Lev 16:15 we read that the blood of the sacrifice is carried "inside" the veil, to be sprinkled upon the mercy seat...directly in the presence of God. Only the High Priest can take the blood beyond the veil.

Heb 4:14 tells us that Christ is our current High Priest. So He is the one who brings the sin tainted blood before the throne of God.

Now we know that sin in its raw form within the human heart cannot exist within the presence of God. This is why any non repentant sinner will perish at the very glimpse of Gods perfect glory. Yet we also know that sin can exist in the blood of a perfect sacrifice, and still be in the presence of God. The High Priests of old brought into the direct presence of God the tainted blood of bulls and goats...and as such so it is the same in which the pattern was based off of. In heaven as Jesus ministers for us, He is able to use His perfect life and sacrifice as a way to bring into the presence of God the "tainted" blood and confess our sins before the Father. This is how our sins get into the Heavenly sanctuary.

Revelation 2:11 tells us of a "second death". This is the eternal death, and this is the death that is due to all sinners. This second death, is the one that Jesus paid for us on the cross. He paid the penalty of sin for us. The sanctuary service is what actually separates the sin from us. God is a very just God, and as such He wanted all to be able to at see and understand how He was going to fully take care of the sin problem. He did this through the example of the OT sanctuary.

The more you study the OT sanctuary...the more clearly you will see how the whole system points to Christ, and how through Christ, God has dealt with the sin problem.

God be with you in your continued study.

Matt  

Seventh-Day Adventists

Matt