Seventh-Day Adventists/personal sprituality and faith

QUESTION: can you please describe examples of personal spirituality and faith of Paul, Mosses and Enoch? thank you

ANSWER: Leisa,

I wish I had more context behind the question as I'm not exactly sure what you're looking for.  In lieu of that, I'll have to take your question at face value and give you the examples from the Bible which speak to me.

The greatest witness of Enoch's personal spirituality is found in this statement, "before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God." (Hebrews 11:5)  To me this testifies that Enoch had experienced such a transformation of character, that he once again reflected that Image of God which Man had lost in the Garden of Eden.  That pleased God; but, part of that transformation of character involves the development of a great faith for, without faith, it is impossible to please God (verse 6).  This, of course, is from the "faith" chapter of the Bible.  Thus, one might cite the beginning of that verse or verse 6 as the witness of his faith.  But, I would turn to the book of Jude instead:

And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, "Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints, to execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him.  These are murmurers, complainers, walking after their own lusts; and their mouth speaketh great swelling words, having men's persons in admiration because of advantage."  (Jude 1:14-16)

Why this passage?  The greater your faith in God, the more you will speak out (prophesy) regarding God, the things of God, and about those things that do not please God.

Next, we have Moses...  The greatest witness of Moses personal spirituality is found in this statement when he was speaking to God, "Oh, this people have sinned a great sin, and have made them gods of gold.  Yet now, if thou wilt forgive their sin--; and if not, blot me, I pray thee, out of thy book which thou hast written." (Exodus 32:31,32)  Here Moses is demonstrating a Christ-like character in that he is willing to lay down his life for the sins of the Children of Israel.  We can refer to the "faith" chapter in Hebrews for examples of his faith (verses 24 to 29).

Last, we have Paul...  To me, there are several witnesses for his personal spirituality.  The thing that speaks to me the most, though, is that Paul didn't really change that much from when he was Saul.  The same zeal and dedication that caused him to persecute Christianity is the same zeal and dedication which made him the great Christian apostle to the Gentiles that he was (Romans 11:13).  What made the difference?  He received a personal revelation of Jesus Christ and was instructed by Him in the Gospel while in a cave in Arabia for three years before he was ready to go to the Gentiles.  You can read his story and his testimony in Galatians 1:11-24.  For a further testimony of Paul's faith, read 1Corinthians 15 -- the entire chapter -- which demonstrates that Paul's faith was in the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ.  Paul states in no uncertain terms that because of what Jesus Christ did, we can have steadfast faith in our own salvation.

May God richly bless you in direct proportion to your desire to know, and to do, the full truth even as it is in Yehsh' haMshyach, Jesus Christ, The Messiah, our Lord, and our Saviour.  Awmane!

QUESTION: Hi can you enlighten me on the methods of Jesus in healing miracles Vs modern miracle ministries

Well, again, you don't give me much context to go on.  So, just going on face value, I can only observe that Jesus healed only as a means to meet the needs of the person in front of Him.  He took no glory or credit for Himself (John 5:19).  He stated that He could do nothing except what He was commanded of His Father (John 5:30) and that all the power came from His Father and not from Himself (John 10:18).

Note that this doesn't mean Jesus Christ is not a full member of the Godhead and able to exercise all power on His own Authority (Matthew 28:18).  It simply means that while a Man here on earth His mission was not to bring glory and attention to Himself; but, to reveal the Father's Love and direct all glory and attention to the Father (Luke 10:22).

Conversely, it is rare to find a modern miracle ministry that gives all the credit and the glory to God the Father (some refusing to say that God has anything to do with it at all).  Rather, they take all the credit to themselves.  Generally, they also aren't truly interested in just serving those in need -- because they would never be satisfied with a private miracle just between themselves and the person in need.  Instead, they seek public attention and acclaim.  Jesus, on the other hand, often asked those who were healed to tell no one about it (Mark 1:36-45; Mark 7:31-37; Luke 8:49-56).

Seventh-Day Adventists

Dave L Clark

I can answer most any question which is truly Bible-centric. I make this distinction because there is much which is considered biblical; but, which, is actually based only upon the traditions of men. However, I will also state this caveat: not all traditions are necessarily "bad" by definition. Otherwise, the subject about which I am passionate is The Law of God. There is much misconception in this area. In point of fact, I, myself, only woke up a bit over 10 years ago (2002) to what is truly meant by the Law of God and how that relates to Salvation. This, of course, is a touchy subject when you start mixing the Law of God with the subject of Salvation -- which, everyone should know, is a gift of God, by grace, through faith and not of works; lest any man should boast (Eph. 2:8,9). I am thankful that God the Holy Spirit has opened, and is opening, my eyes to these Truths.

I have taken Bible classes every year since the first grade through 4-year college level and study the Bible every week with others in Sabbath School. I have also continued studying the Bible, on my own, throughout my life -- particularly these last 10+ years. Therefore, I consider myself to have about 48+ years of both formal and informal Bible experience upon which to draw.

I am a current member in good and full standing with the Seventh-Day Adventist Church. I am also a level-7 member of Yahoo!Answers in the Religion & Spirituality group. Lastly, though not a related discipline, I am also a member at because of my professional standing as a computer programmer of more than 35 years.

"The Truth About the Law of God" by Dave L Clark I is a 298-page book available at Some of my writings may also be found on the following websites: << >>; << >>; and, << >>.

I have 3 years of formal college and a 4-year college equivalence degree in Information Technology. Otherwise, I am not formally credentialed in Bible doctrine or theology. However, when did God ever say that He only speaks to or through theologian-type or highly-placed sources?