Seventh-Day Adventists/CULT

While the RCC has contributed greatly to the preservation and promotion of the Gospel Story, they have long ago lost their way.  The Reformation made some much-needed reforms, but then the Protestants also lost their way, dividing into numerous sects, some with very strange beliefs.  

At the end of time, the NT shows the church, meaning all denominations, to be utterly wrong and worthless, unsaved and delusional, not paying attention to the Word.  And so it is.

2Tim. 3:1  But realize this, that in the last days difficult times will come.

2Tim. 3:2 For men will be lovers of self, lovers of money, boastful, arrogant, revilers, disobedient to parents, ungrateful, unholy,

2Tim. 3:3 unloving, irreconcilable, malicious gossips, without self-control, brutal, haters of good,

2Tim. 3:4 treacherous, reckless, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God,

2Tim. 3:5 holding to a form of godliness, although they have denied its power; Avoid such men as these.  

2Tim. 3:13 But evil men and impostors will proceed from bad to worse, deceiving and being deceived.

2Tim. 3:14 You, however, continue in the things you have learned and become convinced of, knowing from whom you have learned them,

2Tim. 3:15 and that from childhood you have known the sacred writings which are able to give you the wisdom that leads to salvation through faith, which is in Christ Jesus.

2Tim. 3:16 All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness;

2Tim. 3:17 so that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work.

Which denomination represents the true church today?  Which one has correct Gospel doctrine, including the New Covenant Sabbath?

Answer:  None.

Today, every church and denomination has been judged by Christ to be a foolish cult, having worthless and false Christian doctrine.  This goes for the RCC as well as for the Methodists, Baptists, and the SDA’s.  

It also goes for the Lutherans, Mormons and Presbyterians, etc. etc.  None who claim to follow Christ are exempted from this very harsh and all encompassing pre-Advent Judgment of the Laodicean Church.  They are all considered “wretched” and “miserable” cults by heaven, - damned unless the repent and reform.  They all have a false view of the Law and the Gospel Sabbath.

Rev. 3:14  “To the angel of the church in Laodicea write:  The Amen, the faithful and true Witness, the Beginning of the creation of God, says this:

Rev. 3:15  ‘I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot; I wish that you were cold or hot.

Rev. 3:16 ‘So because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of My mouth.

Rev. 3:17 ‘Because you say, “I am rich, and have become wealthy, and have need of nothing,” and you do not know that you are wretched and miserable and poor and blind and naked,

The only way for any church to escape from being called a cult, is to confess and repent, following the Word and embracing Gospel Reform.  Those that refuse to do so, -- are not saved.

Rev. 3:18 I advise you to buy from Me gold refined by fire so that you may become rich, and white garments so that you may clothe yourself, and that the shame of your nakedness will not be revealed; and eye salve to anoint your eyes so that you may see.

Rev. 3:19 ‘Those whom I love, I reprove and discipline; therefore be zealous and repent.

Rev. 3:20 ‘Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will dine with him, and he with Me.

Rev. 3:21 ‘He who overcomes, I will grant to him to sit down with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne.

At the end of time there will only be two types of Christians (Laodiceans).  Those that confess their many false and delusional doctrines; and those who refuse to repent.  

Only those that zealously repent will understand the Gospel and be saved.  Those that refuse to follow the Word, thinking their particular traditions are without error, will not “dine” with Christ in the New Earth.  They will not be saved, nor will these blind Laodiceans understand their naked and shameful situation.

See also:

I hope this helps.

Tom Norris for All & Adventist Reform

Seventh-Day Adventists

Tom Norris

I can answer most any question about church history and theology, starting from 1818 when William Miller articulated the 1st Angels Message that became the foundation of the Adventist Movement. While this first prophetic message terminated in the spring of 1844, it was followed by what Adventists refer to as the 2nd Angels Message, which dates from the spring of 1844 until the great disappointment of October 22, 1844. By 1847, the 3rd Angels Message had been developed and this Sabbatarian theology represents the Seventh-day Adventist Church. Moreover, I can explain the historical and theological development of the SDA denomination from its beginning and on through the great Battle Creek schism that forced the SDA's to retreat to Takoma Park. Here the 20th century church recovered from their internal battles that had erupted at the 1888 General Conference in Minneapolis over the definition of the law and the Gospel. Fearing another repeat of this disaster, President Daniels, determined to hide this debate. However, this policy led to more conflict, especially over the role and authority of Ellen White, a unique and accomplished religious writer that had remarkable spiritual gifts. However, by the decade of the 1970`s, the church once again erupted into debate. The hierarchy settled the turmoil in 1980 with the trial of Dr. Desmond Ford at Glacier View. Here Dr. Ford was exiled because he supposedly disagreed with Ellen White over the Fundamentals. But this controversial action resulted in another major schism that is still in progress today.

Tom Norris was raised as a Seventh-day Adventist in Takoma Park, Md. He attended SDA grade and High schools, moving on to study Adventist theology at Columbia Union College. He also spent significant time conducting independent research in the General Conference Archives and the Ellen G. White Estate. Over the years he has also interviewed a number of prominent Adventist scholars, theologians, and Pastors ranging from the late Arthur White to the exiled Dr. Desmond Ford. In addition, he has amassed a large private library, which includes numerous rare books and manuscripts about Adventist theology and history. He is presently the online editor of Adventist Reform, and can be found at Adventist for Tomorrow answering questions online about SDA theology and history as well as promoting Adventist Reform.

Tom Norris attended SDA grade and High schools, moving on to study Adventist theology at Columbia Union College. He also spent significant time conducting independent research in the General Conference Archives and the Ellen G. White Estate.