Seventh-Day Adventists/CEREMONIAL AND MORAL LAWS

Frank wrote at 2012-11-29 02:58:31

11 27 2012 - Ceremonial and Moral Laws

The expert’s response is pretty much a form letter with a few variations that he uses when he is asked about the Law of Moses (Old Covenant). This Covenant was ratified with the blood of animals. The New Covenant promise, first given to Adam and Eve (see Genesis 3;15), was ratified by Christ on Calvary when He shed His own blood on the cross for the sins of all who would believe on His name and be saved. It is called “New” because it was ratified after the Mosaic Covenant even though its principles were originally written in the heart and mind of Adam and Eve at creation. It was given to the children of Israel in the form of ten all-encompassing commandments. If Adam and Eve had not transgressed the divine law there would have been no need for a ceremonial law and there would have been no need of a savior. It is their unbelief and disobedience that brought about the need for a Savior.  “And the commandment, which was ordained to life, I found to be unto death.” (Romans 7:10 KJV) If Christ had not interposed in man’s behalf the race would have been lost.

In Christ's love,

Frank

Ovadiah wrote at 2012-12-26 13:27:48
They verse quoted is a bit mistranslated and a whole lot misplaced:

26 Cursed be he that confirmeth not the words of this law to do them. And all the people shall say: Amen

This verse is referring to a specific list of blessings and curses, not the entire Law of Moses. As such, Paul's (and your) usage of it as an all or nothing proposition is in error.

Not also the "confirm" part. Therein lies the answer: when we (Jews) accept the Torah, G-d's blueprint for holiness and righteousness, we "confirm" it. It is this confirmation and subsequent dedication to spiritual discipline that leads to relationship. It is impossible for anyone to keep the whole law (Jesus didn't either)...some laws are only for women, others only for the priests, and some (ie paying back with interest that which one has stolen) can only be done if you broke one of the other Commandments. Nowhere in the Hebrew Scriptures does it say that if you break one commandment you have broken them all. Rather, each commandment is another opportunity, another touch-point with the Divine, another effort to bring sparks of holiness down to earth.

Seventh-Day Adventists

Sal