Seventh-Day Adventists/Lev. 23 and the Sabbath

Frank wrote at 2012-11-18 22:43:17
11 17 2012 - Lev 23 and the Sabbath

“These are the feasts of the LORD, which ye shall proclaim to be holy convocations, to offer an offering made by fire unto the LORD, a burnt offering, and a meat offering, a sacrifice, and drink offerings, every thing upon his day: Beside the sabbaths of the LORD, and beside your gifts, and beside all your vows, and beside all your freewill offerings, which ye give unto the LORD.” (Leviticus 23:37-38 KJV)

Verse 23 concludes the listing of the feasts and there is no mention of the weekly Sabbath being one of them. To the contrary, the feasts are said to be “beside” the Sabbaths of the Lord, which means “in addition to” or “apart from” the Sabbaths of the Lord. The only possible conclusion is the Sabbath of the 4th commandment is not a weekly ceremonial feast and that verse 5 is the beginning of the description of the feasts, not verse 2.

In Christ’s love,

Owen wrote at 2012-11-19 15:47:04
Great insight Mr. Sal! Thank you for sharing your time and expertise with us. You made the understanding of Lev. 23: 1-4 very easy. Brother Owen.

John wrote at 2012-11-21 15:52:20

Thanks again for keeping the watch.  There is no doubt we are living in the end times and all of us need to be watchful so as not to be deceived by ‘experts’ with ‘easy’ answers.

Matthew 24:24 (KJV)

“For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.”

Solomon wrote at 2012-11-26 20:17:22
Instead of Lev 23, read Gen 2:1 - 3 "Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them. And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made. And God blessed the seventh day,and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made." Not that he (rested) sat down or reclined. Another manner to say he stopped his creations.  

Seventh-Day Adventists

I am privileged to be able to offer an alternative insight into the complicated world of Seventh-Day Adventists (SDA) theology. I will rely heavily on the Bible, but will also consider history and use logic in exposing deficiencies in SDA teachings. I would ask anyone who is considering becoming a SDA or if you are already in the SDA church, but are searching for the truth, to please allow me to offer a different explanation for the claims of the SDA. Remember : "The truth will set you free" (John 8:32). I can answer your questions pertaining to the beliefs and history of the SDA. I am not able to answer questions concerning spirituality or church discipline.

I have extensively studied the theology of the Seventh-Day Adventists (SDA) for a number of years. I have many books and tape sets produced by experts in this field of study. I have debated current members of the SDA church. I have a great desire to help these people see the truth.

M.S. degree in Food, Nutrition, and Dietetics