Seventh-Day Adventists/Origin of the seed of sin

Question
Could you be able to explain the origin of sin, since I cant fully comprehend that Satan is the author of sin.
My reason being that, in order for Satan to have made the decision to sin, he had to have had the choice of sinning meaning sin was in theory a possibility so it means the potential to sin was always there even before Satan sinned which brings me to the question what is the origin of  sin .A similar example is well played in the scene where Cain wants to kill  the brother and God tells him to overcome the thought .In order for any one to make any decision one must have a choice between 2 or more things so if I was God, in order to give my creatures freedom of choice would need to also create the choices, so I would create evil and good (thoughts) which would mature to some action which is good or evil so meaning I would be the author or the creature of the seeds of evil and good.
I would be happy if you would share your thoughts on this topic.

Answer
Greek Word Pronunciation: ar-keh-GOS
Strong's Number: 747
Goodrich/Kohlenberger Number: 795
Key Verse: “... fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith …” -- Hebrews 12:2

Archegos is based on the noun, arche, meaning “beginning,” and it primarily signifies “one who takes a lead in, or provides the first occasion of, anything.” In the Septuagint, it is found in Numbers 13:2 of the leader of a tribe or family. In Numbers 14:4, the people wanted to appoint a leader to return to Egypt.

[Note: In Hebrews 5:9, in the KJV and NKJV, Christ is called the “author of eternal salvation to those who obey Him.” (The NASB and NIV translate source.) The word used here is aitios, an adjective denoting “that which causes something.” Christ is the concrete and active cause of our salvation. In contrast, our word archegos refers to being a leader, or a pioneer.]

Archegos is found 4 times in the New Testament, always referring to Christ. Acts 3:15 refers to putting “to death the Prince of life (the NIV translates author), the one whom God raised from the dead.” The irony is that the Author of life was killed, but He was raised to life. In Acts 5:31, God exalted Christ “as a Prince and Savior.” He is actually in the “exercise” of the office of a prince or a king, at the right hand of His Father. The title denotes that He has the dominion and power needed to give repentance and the pardon of sins.

In Hebrews 2:10, Christ brought “many sons to glory, to perfect the author of their salvation through sufferings.” The KJV and NKJV both translate this as captain, which accentuates the fact that the Son, as a leader, precedes the saved on the path to glory.

In the key verse, HEBREWS 12:2, we are to “fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith.” Jesus “pioneered” the path of faith Christians should follow. A leader goes before those whom he leads. He is the guide along the way, he sustains and strengthens them, he subdues opposing forces, he suffers with them, he comforts them, and he takes them through to the end. Such a Leader is Jesus, the author of faith.  

Seventh-Day Adventists

Victor M. Berrios