Seventh-Day Adventists/Creation of Adam

Frank wrote at 2012-09-18 03:12:59
9 16 2012 - Creation of Adam

It is a mistake to think that the Jews were under a different moral law than Christians. The disciples gave no new laws or commandments. Rather than adding laws, Paul was kept busy explaining to the Jews that their ceremonial law was no longer an obligation. SDA's believe the Ten Commandment law is the law that Adam and Eve transgressed when they disobeyed God and ate from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. When given at Sinai, it was worded to meet man in his fallen condition. It defines righteousness and it encompasses every possible sin. It is not possible for the moral law after the cross to be different than the one that existed before the cross. Morality is an absolute. To believe otherwise invites confusion. As for the judgment and how the law is applied to fallen man, that is the province of the creator.  "Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone." (Matthew 23:23 KJV) Praise the Lord we don't live under the jurisdiction of the Pharisees. Christ is our judge and "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." (1 John 1:9 KJV) The standard of righteousness in the judgment is the Ten Commandments. SDA's do not accept the contention of the expert that the 4th Commandment is a ceremonial ordinance. No ceremonial laws were made before sin so the 4th Commandment cannot be ceremonial as it was made before sin (see Genesis 2:2, 3).

The law, before it was broken, was the source of happiness and joy for the new race. Its principles of love were part of Adam and Eve's very being. God gave them a test of  love and fidelity. They could eat of any tree in the garden except the tree in the midst of the garden. They were told if they ate from it they would die.  Obey and live or disobey and die (see Romans 7:10). If Adam and Eve had known the full consequence of their sin it seems a certainty that they would never have disobeyed. When the children of Israel were given the law at Sinai they were told that if they obeyed they would prosper (live), if not they would face ruin and death. Adam and Eve disobeyed (when they believed the serpent and following its example ate of the forbidden fruit thus making the serpent their idol). The children of Israel disobeyed (when they worshiped an idol in the form of a golden calf). The consequence of both would have been death had not Christ interceded in man's behalf and offered Himself as payment for sins. (In Old Testament typology Moses interceded in behalf of the disobedient nation (see Exodus 32:11-13). The attempt by the expert to characterize God's people in the Old Testament as being under a different law than God's people in the New Testament is born from his unwillingness to recognize the distinction between the Ten Commandment law and the statutes and judgments in the law of Moses that clarify, define and explain how the moral law is to be administered for their nation. The law of Moses also consisted of  the ceremonial law which Paul refers to as the law of commandments contained in ordinances (see Ephesians 2:15). Paul speaks of the ceremonial law in Hebrews, "Then verily the first covenant had also ordinances of divine service, and a worldly sanctuary." (Hebrews 9:1 KJV)

In Christ's love,

Frank

Love wrote at 2012-11-23 14:23:16
Dear brother Kelvin,

You asked :  is it the one that created Adam on the sixth  day and rested on the seventh day that is the same person that came as Jesus?

******************************************* The answer to your question is simple. God saying "lets make man in our image..." ; and John saying " through Jesus was not anything made..." proves that Jesus was on that creation team. So, He also rested with The Father and the Spirit.

However, that does not suggest that they are still operating the sabbath law as given in the old covenant. It is clear that God is no longer resting from his creation now, and Jesus is also not resting. Look, God rested because He was through with his own part of the creation work then, and left the rest work of populating the earth for man. But Adam sinned, thus spoiling this creation and necessitating God to say He will make another one. The work of populating  the new creation , which, for now, is Christ, and will later encompass the new heaven and new earth, is not given to man. Adam failed at it, and now we are asked to be born again (John 3 v 3 - 6 ). This rebirth is a work of the holyspirit , Jesus christ and believers, and its an integral part of the creation of the new world, just as the creation of the sun and moon was part of the creation of this present world.

So, God is still working, nolonger resting, creating the populace of the new world; Christ is still working along with God and the Holyspirit in this project; and -the most glorious of it all- they have brought man into this project with them. WHERE THEN IS SABBATH  FOR MAN NOW? ***************** THIS IS WHY , CONCERNING SABBATH, JESUS SAID IN JOHN 5 V 16 -17 " ... MY FATHER WORKETH HITHERTO , AND I WORK...". In conclusion, sabbath is no more a ceasation of work on a particular day; but to find rest in Christ from the purposeless life of living under God's curse, part of which is seeking a prosperous personal life in this satanic economic system; and to receive from Jesus the light yoke of the power of the Holyghost to seek and to do the works that will reveal God's glory on earth ,which will, in turn, draw men to Christ to be saved , thus CREATING THE NEW WORLD NOW...  

Love wrote at 2012-11-23 14:30:11
Dear brother Kelvin,

Seventh-Day Adventists

Sal