Seventh-Day Adventists/Greek Word "Entalma"

Frank wrote at 2013-01-14 22:23:56
1 13 2013 - Greek Word "Entalma"

The expert writes, “John uses the Greek word nomos whenever he is referring to the Old Covenant Law which as you know contains the Ten Commandments.”

SDA’s cannot agree with the expert that the Law of Moses “contains” the Ten Commandments. SDA’s believe the principles of the Ten Commandments were written in the heart and mind of Adam and Eve when they were created. SDA’s believe that the Ten Commandments written in stone at Sinai by God represent the broken moral law and define sin in its entirety. Whenever John uses the word “Nomos” he is referring to the Law of Moses. That part of the expert’s statement is true. Contrary to what the expert would have us believe the Ten Commandments are the foundation of the Law of Moses and exist independent of it. When the Law of Moses ended at the cross, the Ten Commandments did not.

The expert also writes, “John uses the Greek word entole whenever he is referring to the commandments of the New Covenant.”

John never used the word “entole” in the book of John except when quoting the words of Jesus. When Jesus said, “If ye love me, keep my commandments (entolas)” (John 14:15 KJV) it could only mean the Ten Commandments and the moral statutes and judgments in the Law of Moses that made them plain. The statutes and judgments that clarified, defined, and explained the ten precepts for the children of Israel are still valid under the Ten Commandment law even though the Law of Moses was rendered obsolete. They are valuable for study today. “I delight to do thy will, O my God: yea, thy law is within my heart.” (Psalms 40:8 KJV) “So shall I keep thy law continually for ever and ever. And I will walk at liberty: for I seek thy precepts.” (Psalms 119:44-45 KJV)

The expert concludes, “With a correct understand of John’s use of the Greek one would not make the mistake of thinking that these passages [Revelation 12:17 and 14:12] refer to Christians observing the Old Covenant law of Sabbath keeping. They refer to keeping the New Covenant commandments of God and one will not find a command for Christians to keep the Sabbath from Matthew to Revelation.”

The grace covenant was instituted when Adam and Eve sinned or else they couldn't be saved. Sin is transgression of the law and the law is defined in Exodus chapter 20. The New (Abrahamic) Covenant promise of a savior who would pay the price of sin was ratified by Christ on Calvary with his own blood, not the blood of an animal as was required under the Law of Moses. The system of types and shadows which for thousands of years had revealed the promised savior came to an end. If the moral law that Adam and Eve transgressed is not the broken moral law that sent Jesus to the cross, we are all still lost in our sins and have no hope.

The Abrahamic (New) Covenant was given as a means of salvation. The Mosaic (Old) Covenant was not. The Abrahamic Covenant is conditional on obedience to the law. Obedience is made possible through faith in the lawgiver for righteousness. The Mosaic Covenant did not replace the Abrahamic Covenant. “And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect.” (Galatians 3:17 KJV) Satan exults when apostate Christianity speaks of the Jewish law as only applicable to the nation of Israel before the cross. Those who continue in this belief will have received his mark while at the same time consoling one another with the belief that they will never allow anyone to place a microchip under their skin or some other such nonsense.

After all is said and done, the “New Covenant Commandments” are the principles of the Decalogue written in the heart and mind (Hebrews 8:10). That is what God intended from the very beginning.

In Christ’s love,

Frank  

champ wrote at 2013-08-25 10:37:20
I really want to know what is meant by keeping it holy and taking  rest. Is there a place in the Bible where it says, keep the sunday holy and take a rest to remember God's creative work?

Seventh-Day Adventists

Sal