Seventh-Day Adventists/New World Order

Frank wrote at 2013-01-05 05:36:46

The power behind religious persecution is Satan. He was once the highest ranking angel in God’s kingdom and known as Lucifer (see Isaiah 14:12). “Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire. Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.” (Ezekiel 28:14-15 KJV)

“And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels, And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven. And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.”

(Revelation 12:7-9 KJV)

The expert says, “The very idea that the U.S. would persecute Sabbath-keepers, arrest them, and even execute them is completely ridiculous. A National Sunday Law will never be enacted in the U.S.”

SDA’s would be ecstatic if there were no Sunday laws enforced in the United States. Of course, the Bible tells us that one of the reasons that Prophecy is given is so that when the thing prophesied comes to pass, we will believe. “And now I have told you before it come to pass, that, when it is come to pass, ye might believe.” (John 14:29 KJV) Consider that Jesus rode into Jerusalem to eat the Passover with his disciples and was received with joyous acclaim by his followers, only to be condemned by the people as deserving death by crucifixion the following day.

The expert also stated, “The SDA Church has never been correct about the National Sunday Law. In the early days of this theory Ellen G. White had some possibility of being correct about Sunday being enacted as the national day of worship. However, she was never right about the persecution even unto death of sabbatarians.”

In colonial America the first Sunday law was enacted in Virginia in 1610 and included death as punishment for missing the divine service and sermons preached upon the Sabbath day (Sunday) for the third time.1

In 1656 Connecticut passed a law against profaning the Lord’s Day “either by sinful servile work, or by unlawful sport, recreation, or otherwise, whether willfully or in a careless neglect, shall be duly punished by fine, imprisonment, or corporally, according to the nature, and measure of the sin, and offence. But if the court upon examination, by clear, and satisfying evidence find that the sin was proudly, presumptuously, and with a high hand committed against the known command and authority of the blessed God, such a person therein despising and reproaching the Lord, shall be put to death, that all others may fear and shun such provoking rebellious courses.2

In 1671 Massachusetts made a law allowing the death penalty for profaning the Lord’s Day if the sin was, “proudly, presumptuously and with a high hand committed.”3

As time passed the penalties for not keeping the “blue laws” became much less severe and were often entirely overlooked. From the “General Statutes of Connecticut” 1902, section 1369. “Work or Recreation on Sunday. Every person who shall do any secular business or labor, except works of necessity or mercy, or keep open any shop, warehouse, or any manufacturing or mechanical establishment, or expose any property for sale, or engage in any sport between twelve o'clock Saturday night and twelve o'clock Sunday night, shall be fined not more than fifty dollars.”4

In the state of Minnesota certain acts on Sunday were considered “Sabbath-breaking” and could incur a fine of one to ten dollars, while many other states had similar laws and penalties.     

While religious persecution has declined over the years to the point where no laws are currently enforced that abridge our freedom of conscience to worship on a day of our own choosing or restrict commerce, there are special interest groups that are promoting the mandatory observance of  

“the Lord’s day” for everyone.

According to Carol Glatz of the ‘Catholic News Service’ the pope said during his weekly general audience in St. Peter’s Square June 6 (2012), “Sunday must be a day of rest for everyone, so people can be free to be with their families and with God.” She also quoted the pope as saying, “Sunday is the day of the Lord and of man, a day which everyone must be able to be free – free for the family and free for God.”

The papacy received a deadly wound when the French General Berthier entered Rome on February 10, 1798 and removed the pope when the pope refused to renounce his temporal authority. (Source: Wikipedia) The Lateran treaty of 1929 restored the papacy by recognizing the pope and giving the Catholic Church its own state. “And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast. (Revelation 13:3 KJV) It is only when the people don’t believe that something could ever happen that the conditions are ripe for that thing to happen.

The expert cites the issue of abortion to argue that since the Catholic and Protestant churches have been unable to stop abortion there is no way they could ever convince Congress to pass a Sunday law. It is political will that was behind the legalization of abortion and it will be political will that brings about a Sunday law. As Hitler’s scape goat was the Jews, Satan’s scape goat will be Sabbath keeping Christians at the end of time. Satan’s “vicegerent” is the Papacy and he will bring its influence and that of all its followers (apostate Protestantism) to bear against the people of God.

In Christ’s love,

1 Blakely, William Addison. American State Papers and Related Documents on Freedom in Religion, 4th ed.   Reproduced in electronic form by Bank of Wisdom, 2000, p.33.

2 Ibid p.42

3 Ibid p.37

4 Public Documents of the State of Connecticut, Volume 1, Part 2, Appendix p.9  

Tom wrote at 2013-01-14 16:51:42
Sal's point about Christians no being able to stop abortion is well taken. If they can't stop abortion an extremely passionate issue there is no chance they will stop sabbatarians from worshipping on the Jewish Sabbath. Again as Sal said most Christians don't give a flip about the so-called Sabbath/Sunday debate.

Burchor wrote at 2013-11-20 20:11:13
Sunday laws were promoted by a union of churches back in 1888. It was the Sunday law bill that gave impetus to the 1888 messages of

Jones and Waggoner. AT Jones successfully fought the bill in congress

It happened before, it will happen again

Seventh-Day Adventists

I am privileged to be able to offer an alternative insight into the complicated world of Seventh-Day Adventists (SDA) theology. I will rely heavily on the Bible, but will also consider history and use logic in exposing deficiencies in SDA teachings. I would ask anyone who is considering becoming a SDA or if you are already in the SDA church, but are searching for the truth, to please allow me to offer a different explanation for the claims of the SDA. Remember : "The truth will set you free" (John 8:32). I can answer your questions pertaining to the beliefs and history of the SDA. I am not able to answer questions concerning spirituality or church discipline.

I have extensively studied the theology of the Seventh-Day Adventists (SDA) for a number of years. I have many books and tape sets produced by experts in this field of study. I have debated current members of the SDA church. I have a great desire to help these people see the truth.

M.S. degree in Food, Nutrition, and Dietetics