Seventh-Day Adventists/Homosexuality

Question
QUESTION: Hi Sal;
I was wondering if SDA's condemn homosexuals and if so, what are they to do to get into the Church and how much do they condemn. Like do they say you're going to hell but we're going to help you get to heaven or do they simply turn a blind eye to it.
Thanks, you always give good answers so I await yours!

-Matt

ANSWER: Dear Brother Matthew:

The SDA Church rightly condemns homosexuals. Like other Christian churches they still do minister to homosexuals. "Hate the sin, but love the sinner" is the attitude of most Christian churches, and the SDA Church is no exception on this issue.

Thanks for the question.
Brother Sal

QUESTION: Thanks Sal!
So they allow them to be member of the church?
I myself am not gay not religious but I see no reason why being gay is a sin. Do you think you could answer that as well please.
Thanks!
-Matt

Answer
Dear Brother Matthew:

Being gay is not a sin. It is the unnatural sex act that is a sin. Any sex acts other then between a husband and his wife are sin. God made sex to be a gift for married couples. The proper use of this gift is two-fold. One, sex is to bond the couple together. Two, it is meant to produce offspring. Obviously the second reason is not possible for gay couples.

Homosexuality is the result of disobeying God. God allowed them what they wanted and this caused them to suffer.

“Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. They exchanged the truth about God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen. Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error” (Romans 1:24-27 NIV).

Homosexuality is one of the great sexual perversions along with fornication and adultery.

“Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God” (1 Corinthians 6:9-10 NASB).

Know that gays are allowed to be members of Christian churches they just have to repent of their sin just as heterosexuals who engage in sex outside of marriage must repent of their sin.

I hope this helps you understand this issue.

Brother Sal

Seventh-Day Adventists

Sal