Seventh-Day Adventists/Seal of God

Question
In bible it says that the Holy Spirit is the seal of God? How then can the Sabbath be the seal of God as well?

Answer
Dear Carolem, “All things are possible with God.”  Just because we can’t seem to understand something doesn’t make it untrue.  I’ll ask you a similar question that you asked me.  In the Bible it says that Jesus Christ is true man.  How then can Jesus Christ be God as well?  Ephesians 4:30 reads, “And grieve not the Holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.”  The Holy Spirit is the seal but also does the sealing.  May I try to explain this from another angle?  In the Bible the words seal, sign, mark and token are used interchangeable.  I’ll give you an example of each one using a Bible verse.  Genesis 17:11  “And ye shall circumcise the flesh of your foreskin; and it shall be a TOKEN of the covenant between me and you.”  Romans 4:11  “And he received the SIGN of circumcision, a SEAL of the righteousness of the faith.”   Revelation 7:3  “Saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have SEALED the servants of our God in their foreheads.”  Ezekiel 9:4  “And the LORD said unto him, Go through the midst of the city, through the midst of Jerusalem, and set a MARK upon the foreheads of the men that sigh and that cry for all the abominations that be done in the midst thereof.”   Now with that said please read these two verses which state that the seal or sign of God is the keeping of the seventh day or 4th commandment.  “Moreover also I gave them my Sabbaths, to be a sign between me and them, that they might know that I am the LORD that sanctify them”.  Ezekiel 20:12.  “It is a sign between me and the children of Israel for ever: for in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed.”  Exodus 31:17.  God is saying in the texts above that He gave us His Sabbath as a glorious sign of His power to create and His power to sanctify us.  God’s sign, the Sabbath represents His holy power to rule as Creator and Saviour.  The 4th commandment is the seal of His authority.  Notice the presidential seal of the U.S.  The seal identifies the title, President and the territory he rules over, United States of America.  The 4th commandment seal also identifies the title, Creator and the territory ruled over, heaven and earth, the sea and all that is in them.  Revelation 7:3 says that this seal or acknowledgement of God as Creator and Saviour is sealed or written in their foreheads (minds).  True Sabbath keeping then is the symbol or mark of salvation that a person has surrendered their life to Christ and will follow wherever He leads.  I hope that this helps a little as you reread the above verses and other parts of your Bible.  Please also remember the first few verses of John chapter 15 about the Vine and the branches.  Christ is the Vine and we as branches must abide in Him.  Just as the branch cannot live if it doesn’t abide in the vine neither can we if we don’t abide in Christ because Jesus says that “without Me you can do nothing.”  We can never be victorious over sin without Christ simply because Satan conquered our first parents and the entire human race from then on.  The only way we can overcome Satan is by having Christ abide in us and letting Him since He was the only man that was able to overcome Satan.  Thanks for writing and may the Lord continue to bless you as you abide in Him and He in you, anthony  

Seventh-Day Adventists

Anthony