Seventh-Day Adventists/Seal of God question

In the bible it says that the Holy Spirit is the seal of God but Ellen White says it is the sabbath that is the seal? What is happening here

Hi Carolem,

Sorry for the delay in answering your question. The Sabbath being the seal of God is actually put forward in the Bible.

In Revelation 9:4 we read how the wicked will NOT have the seal of God in their foreheads. As such we can expect that Gods people will have the seal of God in their foreheads.

In Revelation 20:4 we read how the mark of the beast is received upon the foreheads and also  hands of the wicked.

So we can see where this "seal" and or "mark" is placed.

In Exodus 13:9 we read how it is for a "sign" that we should have Gods law between thine eyes (forehead), and how it will also be upon thine hand.

In Exodus 31:13 we read how the Sabbath is a "sign" between God and his people that ye may know that I am the Lord that doth sanctify you.

In Exodus 31:17 We read how the Sabbath is once again a "sign" between the children of Isreal (Gods people) and God for ever.

Deuteronomy 6:8 Repeats Exodus 13:9 in regards to where Gods law is placed...signs upon the hands and also between the eyes (frontlets/forehead)

Deuteronomy 11:18 - same-

Ezekiel 20:12 quotes Exodus 31:13. Also Ezekiel 20:20 states the same thing.

Your are probably wondering about the word "sign" as its not "mark" or "seal"...yet if you read the strongs in regards to the word "sign" used here (Strongs #0226) which actually means "distinguishing mark" (used in all the verses in Exodus and Deuteronomy quoted above).

So indeed the Sabbath is Gods "mark". It is even more impressive if you truly understand what the mark of the beast is all about. Please let me know if you want to study the mark of the beast, it is a very interesting study!!

God bless you in your studies!!

Seventh-Day Adventists

I can answer any questions about SDA theology.

I have studied deeply the doctines of the Seventh-Day Adventist faith, testing each one against the Bible. I wish to share these truths with others, that all may be brought into the fullness of light that God has given to His church. Over the past 8 years of my life I have proven over and over again that the Seventh-Day Adventist truth, remains Gods truth.

Amazing Facts, Amazing Discoveries, LLT Productions.

None that apply directly to theology.