Seventh-Day Adventists/The Rule of Life.

Question
Sal- If the Ten Commandments is not your rule of life, what is?
Tina

Answer
Dear Sister Tina:

My rule of life is all Scripture.

"All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work" (2 Timothy 3:16-17 NKJV).

All Christians should agree that all scripture is inspired and teaches us something. Exactly what it does teach is where the disputes arise. For example, Scripture taught God's people in the Old Testament to never wear clothes made of two different materials.  "...Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" (Leviticus 19:19 NIV). That teaches us something, but just what it teaches is the question. Remember that all Scripture was written to teach us something. "For whatever was written in former days was written for our instruction, that through endurance and through the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope" (Romans 15:4 ESV). So making just a small portion of Scripture one's rule of life is shortsighted.

God Bless You,
Brother Sal

Seventh-Day Adventists

Sal