Seventh-Day Adventists/thanks so much

Question
that response is right on, most loving presentation, thanks again. may we all stay Christ focused. now this question may sound pathetic but here goes. doing dishes on Sabbath carry in, couldn't we all take our dish home to wash aft Sabbath, we already eat off paper plates? maybe not a big deal, but these questions need answered. might as well throw two more at you. bicycling 50mi or jogging10 . these may sound silly but I've wondered for years. thanks so very much for your time and efforts. your doing a great service, we need bible and inspired answers that we may continue in CHRIST

Answer
Mike,

We need to be careful not to get caught up in the small things such that we overlook the big things -- but, by the same token, Jesus said not to leave either of them undone.  Compare the parallel verses of Matthew 23:23 and Luke 11:42 to see just what it is that Jesus considered to be "the weightier matters of the law."

By Jesus' words, then, when we are examining God's Law and asking ourselves, "What would Jesus do?" we can also ask how a particular thing demonstrates our love for God.  Isaiah 58:13 agrees that on God's Sabbath we must not be doing our own ways, seeking our own pleasures, nor speaking our own words.  Of course, what Isaiah is talking about are the selfish ways, selfish pleasures, and selfish words of the natural Man (1Cor. 2:14).  Thus, if our heart and mind have been transformed by the Holy Spirit then we will find that our ways, our pleasures, and our words have become more in tune with God's Ways, God's Pleasures, and God's Word.  In short, what will come natural to us will not be what is common to the natural, sinful Man.

So, for me, it is no burden to leave Sabbath food preparation for Friday -- the preparation day.  It is also no burden to put the Sabbath's dishes in the sink, fill them with water, and leave them for after the Sabbath.  It seems you're asking about fellowship dinner at the church, though, so I will say that rinsing the major portion of the food off the dishes after fellowship dinner (so that they are not so messy to take home in a bag or cooler) is also no burden.  But, I wouldn't fill a sink with soap water or load a dishwasher at that time, either.

As for bicycling or jogging...  What is the purpose of doing such activities (or any others you may think of) on God's Sabbath?  Answer that question between you and God and do not judge your brother who may be in a different place in his walk with God.

People like to misapply Romans 14:5 to say that if they are not fully persuaded in their own mind, when you try to point something out in God's Word, then that means they are justified in what they are doing.  But, that is not what Paul is talking about.  Paul is not saying that it is justifiable to continue believing a lie while such people do nothing to search deeply in God's Word or to pray daily for God's full truth by way of the Holy Spirit.  Instead, what Paul is talking about is that if you are going to believe a thing, then it is your responsibility to make sure that you are fully convinced with God's Truth and not with Man's sophistries and false traditions.

May God richly bless you in direct proportion to your desire to know, and to do, the full truth even as it is in Yehsh' haMshyach, Jesus Christ, The Messiah, our Lord, and our Saviour.  Awmane!

Sincerely,
Dave

Seventh-Day Adventists

Dave L Clark