Seventh-Day Adventists/The Lawgiver

Frank wrote at 2014-01-01 20:08:14
  Christ is transformed and appears as He will when He comes a second time for all the saints, which are represented by His two companions. Moses is a type of those who have died and are raised at the second coming. Elijah is a type of those who are living and are translated without seeing death at the second coming. Both, being types of Christ, were sent to encourage the soon to be crucified savior.

“And was transfigured before them: and his face did shine as the sun, and his raiment was white as the light.” (Matthew 17:2 KJV)

” And his raiment became shining, exceeding white as snow; so as no fuller on earth can white them.” (Mark 9:3 KJV)

“Philip findeth Nathanael, and saith unto him, We have found him, of whom Moses in the law, and the prophets, did write, Jesus of Nazareth, the son of Joseph.” (John 1:45 KJV)

The remedy for the broken law is Christ. That is what the law and the prophets prophesied (represented by Moses and Elijah).

“The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it. And it is easier for heaven and earth to pass, than one tittle of the law to fail.” (Luke 16:16-17 KJV)

Paul confirms this in his letter to the Romans. “Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.” (Romans 3:31 KJV)

There is a law that Christ abolished through His atoning sacrifice.

“Then verily the first covenant had also ordinances of divine service, and a worldly sanctuary.” (Hebrews 9:1 KJV)

The ceremonies and sacrifices of the ceremonial law represented Christ’s atoning sacrifice and ministry as High Priest in the heavenly sanctuary.

“But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;” (Romans 3:21 KJV)

No longer are the ceremonial remedies for sin required for justification. Faith in Christ alone for justification is the new rule.

“Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.” (Matthew 5:17 KJV)

“And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me. Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,” (Luke 24:44-45 KJV)

“Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.” (John 5:39 KJV)

“Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets.” (Matthew 7:12 KJV)

“Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.” (Matthew 22:37-40 KJV)

The two great commandments, love for God and love for neighbor, are defined by the 10C’s. God’s “Ten Words” are written in stone at Sinai (Deut 10:4) and on the tables of the heart by Jesus (Hebrews 8:10).

“Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law. For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.” (Romans 13:8-10 KJV)

The 10 C’s define the broken moral law.  

“I am small and despised: yet do not I forget thy precepts. Thy righteousness is an everlasting righteousness, and thy law is the truth.”

(Psalms 119:141-142 KJV)

“The works of his hands are verity and judgment; all his commandments are sure. They stand fast for ever and ever, and are done in truth and uprightness.” (Psalms 111:7-8 KJV)

“The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple.” (Psalms 19:7 KJV)

Seventh-Day Adventists

I am privileged to be able to offer an alternative insight into the complicated world of Seventh-Day Adventists (SDA) theology. I will rely heavily on the Bible, but will also consider history and use logic in exposing deficiencies in SDA teachings. I would ask anyone who is considering becoming a SDA or if you are already in the SDA church, but are searching for the truth, to please allow me to offer a different explanation for the claims of the SDA. Remember : "The truth will set you free" (John 8:32). I can answer your questions pertaining to the beliefs and history of the SDA. I am not able to answer questions concerning spirituality or church discipline.

I have extensively studied the theology of the Seventh-Day Adventists (SDA) for a number of years. I have many books and tape sets produced by experts in this field of study. I have debated current members of the SDA church. I have a great desire to help these people see the truth.

M.S. degree in Food, Nutrition, and Dietetics