Seventh-Day Adventists/Judgement who is in control

I've lived with the influence of a well known SDA family and the first thing they mentioned was judgement day being a catholic they really tore in to me isn't it wrong to be so judgmental  about people that the Lord Jesus has saved or is better to be blinded by faith from Ellen G. white perspective that in Germany during WW II they sided with Hitler because of dietary habits that were more important then being a good Samaritan and help prevent the destruction of so many lives.....I feel the SDA church has destroyed lives and their own souls. bet you won't publish this.

Thank you, Mary, for writing. Because of the run-on nature of your sentences, I am at a bit of a loss to know where your question ends. It appears to be: "Isn't it wrong to be so judgmental about people that the Lord Jesus has saved or is [it] better to be blinded by faith from Ellen G. White?"

To be judgmental, according to the dictionary, means "to be inclined to make judgments, especially moral or personal ones." One might say that God, who is in charge of the judgment, is judgmental, in that He is indeed "inclined to make judgments, especially moral or personal ones." However, when God's judgment takes place, God's justice will be vindicated. Two Scriptures make this plain:

"God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged" (Rom. 3:4).

"And they sing the song of Moses the servant of God, and the song of the Lamb, saying, Great and marvellous [are] thy works, Lord God Almighty; just and true [are] thy ways, thou King of saints" (Rev. 15:3).

Regarding Seventh-day Adventists, may I say that their faith is in Jesus and their dependence is on Scripture, which outlines what is essential for salvation and what saved people will do. The standard of their doctrines and the basis of their reforms is Scripture. The role of Ellen G. White in their history was to call attention to Scripture and its teachings. I am unaware of any collusion between Seventh-day Adventists and Hitler as a result of his vegetarianism. If you have some documentation on this subject, I would appreciate your forwarding it to me.

The book of Revelation reveals that God has a tender regard for His people who are part of what He describes as "Babylon"—a confusion of faith that is part Scripture and part the "commandments and doctrines of men" (Col. 2:22). With supreme pathos, He calls to His people, "Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues" (Rev. 18:4).

It is not up to human beings to judge. The Scriptures say that all judgment has been committed unto the Son (John 5:22, 27) and that we "shall be judged by the law of liberty" (James 2:12) at the judgment seat of Christ based upon what we have done in this life (2 Cor. 5:10). Thus, it is God who establishes the parameters of what is right and what is wrong—not human beings. Yet, God does not force human beings to do that which is right; each human being is responsible to exercise his or her will to choose God, receive His grace and power, and do that which is right.

I hope this answer is of assistance to you.

Kevin L. Morgan

Seventh-Day Adventists

Kevin L. Morgan

Questions regarding Seventh-day Adventist doctrine and history, especially pertaining to Ellen G. White.

26 years pastoral experience; edited two books on Seventh-day Adventist history; published articles on theology; published one book on Adventist doctrines and one on Ellen G. White

Pastor Warrensville Seventh-day Adventist Church

Ministry magazine

BA Theology, with minor in Biblical languages MA homiletics

Graduated magna cum laude Distinguished preaching award