Seventh-Day Adventists/Seal of God

JEFF wrote at 2013-03-05 19:15:25
Hi Willem,

Let me give you the simple answer: you were exactly right of what Eph 1:13 & 4:30 mean – sealing by the Holy Spirit is about guaranteeing your salvation, giving you eternal security that you may KNOW that you have eternal life (1 John 5:13).  It has nothing to do with a day of the week.  

Just because a Bible verse mentions the name (YHWH), title (Elohim or Adonay) and dominion of God does not mean that verse is describing Revelation's "Seal of God".  For example, using that logic, one could argue that the Torah is the "Seal of God" because it contains this verse:

“Behold, to the LORD your God belong heaven and the heaven of heavens, the earth with all that is in it.” Deut. 10:14

Or one could claim that the prophetic writings of Isaiah or Jeremiah are the "Seal of God" using that logic:

“O LORD of hosts, God of Israel, that dwellest [between] the cherubims, thou [art] the God, [even] thou alone, of all the kingdoms of the earth: thou hast made heaven and earth.” (Isa. 37:16)

“Ah Lord GOD! behold, thou hast made the heaven and the earth by thy great power and stretched out arm, [and] there is nothing too hard for thee.” (Jer. 32:17)

In addition to the 10 Commandments, look at all of the other Bible verses that mention God's name (God), His title (Lord), and His dominion (heaven and earth):

Gen. 14:22  But Abram said to the king of Sodom, “I have lifted my hand to the LORD, God Most High, Possessor of heaven and earth,

Gen. 24:3  that I may make you swear by the LORD, the God of heaven and God of the earth, that you will not take a wife for my son from the daughters of the Canaanites, among whom I dwell,

Deut. 3:24 ‘O Lord GOD, you have only begun to show your servant your greatness and your mighty hand. For what god is there in heaven or on earth who can do such works and mighty acts as yours?

Deut. 4:39 know therefore today, and lay it to your heart, that the LORD is God in heaven above and on the earth beneath; there is no other.

Deut. 10:14 Behold, to the LORD your God belong heaven and the heaven of heavens, the earth with all that is in it.

Josh. 2:11 And as soon as we heard it, our hearts melted, and there was no spirit left in any man because of you, for the LORD your God, he is God in the heavens above and on the earth beneath.

1 Ki. 8:23    and said, “O LORD, God of Israel, there is no God like you, in heaven above or on earth beneath, keeping covenant and showing steadfast love to your servants who walk before you with all their heart;

2 Ki. 9:15    but King Joram had returned to be healed in Jezreel of the wounds that the Syrians had given him, when he fought with Hazael king of Syria.) So Jehu said, “If this is your decision, then let no one slip out of the city to go and tell the news in Jezreel.”

2 Chr. 2:12 Hiram also said, “Blessed be the LORD God of Israel, who made heaven and earth, who has given King David a wise son, who has discretion and understanding, who will build a temple for the LORD and a royal palace for himself.

2 Chr. 6:14 and said, “O LORD, God of Israel, there is no God like you, in heaven or on earth, keeping covenant and showing steadfast love to your servants who walk before you with all their heart,

Acts 4:24    And when they heard it, they lifted their voices together to God and said, “Sovereign Lord, who made the heaven and the earth and the sea and everything in them,

Acts 17:24 The God who made the world and everything in it, being Lord of heaven and earth, does not live in temples made by man,

So just to help you understand even more, just because God's name, title, and dominion appear within a Bible verse does not prove that passage has any particular connection with Revelation's "Seal of God".  

Seventh-Day Adventists

Anthony