Seventh-Day Adventists/sexuality

Hi sal, my question is about liviticus childbirth purification. Does this applies today also? Wil god punish women if cudn afford to purify them after childbirth by offering pigeons and al those? Second is in leviticus 15 what kinds of man's discharge is god talkin about? I understood semen discharge but what is discharge which he mentions before semen? If a woman has blood discharge she is unclean till seven days on the 8th day she must offer for her sinful act? if a man lies with a woman on periods, here what does lies mean? Does that means sex or just laydown beside her? In 18:19 it says man should not approach a woman durin her periods... by woman does it mean wife? In 20:18 man should not hav sexual relation with woman on her periods? My question I cant hav sexual intercourse with my wife during her periods? Wil god deny us, ignore us if we did? Are we unclean or sinful if we did?
Please explain all these..
God bless

Dear Brother Raj:

The very easy answer to your question is that nothing that you mentioned is in effect today because the covenant to which those things belonged has ended. "In speaking of a new covenant, he makes the first one obsolete. And what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away" (Hebrews 8:13 ESV). The Old Covenant with all its rules and commands has vanished away. Paul warns Christians not to go back under Old Covenant laws because such a move would be foolish given the fact that the Old Covenant is inferior & obsolete.

"O foolish Galatians! Who has bewitched you? It was before your eyes that Jesus Christ was publicly portrayed as crucified. Let me ask you only this: Did you receive the Spirit by works of the law or by hearing with faith? Are you so foolish? Having begun by the Spirit, are you now being perfected by the flesh?" (Galatians 3:1-3 ESV).

With that said I will try to answer your questions. I don't believe God would punish a woman who could not afford an offering. The male discharge of Leviticus 15 most probably refers to a mucus flow due to an infection. Some have posited that it is a reference to some sexually transmitted disease such as gonorrhea. The term "lies with" means to have sexual relations with. Leviticus 18:19 is referring to a man's wife since sex outside of marriage is a sin. Leviticus 20:18 means that a man may not have sexual relations with his wife during her period.

God Be With You,
Brother Sal  

Seventh-Day Adventists

I am privileged to be able to offer an alternative insight into the complicated world of Seventh-Day Adventists (SDA) theology. I will rely heavily on the Bible, but will also consider history and use logic in exposing deficiencies in SDA teachings. I would ask anyone who is considering becoming a SDA or if you are already in the SDA church, but are searching for the truth, to please allow me to offer a different explanation for the claims of the SDA. Remember : "The truth will set you free" (John 8:32). I can answer your questions pertaining to the beliefs and history of the SDA. I am not able to answer questions concerning spirituality or church discipline.

I have extensively studied the theology of the Seventh-Day Adventists (SDA) for a number of years. I have many books and tape sets produced by experts in this field of study. I have debated current members of the SDA church. I have a great desire to help these people see the truth.

M.S. degree in Food, Nutrition, and Dietetics