Seventh-Day Adventists/Keep Up the Good Work!

Hello Patricia,

It has been a while since I last asked for your expertise. However,today I just wanted to write to Thank you and encourage you to continue the excellent work/Ministry you are doing on this site in order to contend for the faith. I too read the exchange between you and Mr. Norris and I was very sadden and surprise by his attacks on you.  You and Sal have been a blessing in my life as well as many others who visit this site. Your time, patience, experiences, expertise and knowledge of the word of GOD is greatly appreciated and needed. Especially, as it pertains to answering, sharing and correcting the errors of the SDA's views/beliefs and misinterpretation of the BIBLE. Again, Thank you and God Bless.

Thanks so much Ang and yes, it has been a while.

I appreciate you taking the time to express your gratefulness, support and encouragement of what Sal and I are attempting to do.

I, too, was saddened by the exchange but rest assured that I am not discouraged. Before I was invited to share on this site, I remember reading a brutal attack on Sal and I sent him a note just to encourage him. It's amazing how what goes around, comes around. Now I am receiving encouragement. ;-)

Again thanks and please continue to lift us in your prayers.

Many blessings.

Seventh-Day Adventists

Patricia Allen

As a former Seventh-day Adventist (SDA), I have insight of value to those who are questioning and/or trying to decide if they should leave or become an SDA. It would be my privilege to discuss SDA church doctrine, structure, Ellen White, the old and new covenants, and their various beliefs. The Bible will be my main source of reference and all quotes, etc. will be documented. I understand that there are different variants of Adventists, but I am only familiar with what I would call traditional or main stream.

I was a Seventh-day Adventist for over 50 years. I attended their schools and I was always active in the churches I attended. I also worked for the denomination for 37 years. Since I was educated in their schools from Grade 1, and because what I was taught came from the Bible, I never questioned my beliefs. I considered myself as one whom the Lord had chosen to bring out of darkness into His marvelous light. In the year 2005, I became keenly aware that Ellen White contradicted the Scriptures numerous times and plagiarized some of her most popular writings. At this point, I had to seriously consider studying for myself with the aid of the Holy Spirit to see if indeed I really had the truth. Sad to say, I discovered that I was deluded and deliberately deceived by the church I loved and served. In 2010, I requested that my name be withdrawn from the membership roster of the church. Since then, it has been my passion to tell those in the SDA church and those considering joining Adventism, the truth and freedom that I have discovered and enjoy daily. I interact on Facebook with SDAs frequently regarding their beliefs and doctrines compared to the Bible. In addition to answering questions on this site, I have a blog ( and the purpose of my articles is to expose the false doctrines of the SDA church After 50 plus years of trying to 'work' my way, I have discovered the sweet rest in the finished work of my Savior. I've also discovered that there is nothing that I have ever done to make Jesus love me less and there is nothing that I can ever do to make Jesus love me more. Jesus just loves me and this I know!

M.A.O.M. degree (Master of Arts in Organizational Management). I also have a B.A.I.C. degree (Born Again in Christ). My calling is to help spread the Good News of the Gospel and to help lift the veil by sharing Jesus, Who is the Truth and the Light.