Seventh-Day Adventists/sabbath rest in Christ

Question
Hi Sister Allen,
I studied my way out of Adventism last year after 20 years. I held nearly every position over the course of that time frame. When the Holy Spirit told me to leave I was the Head Elder. I left in a manner that did not interfere with the workings of the local church. My wife also left 6 months later, as she was the church clerk and she also wanted a seamless transition. I left the "to do religion to a "done relationship" with our Lord and Savior. We are currently worshiping at our local Baptist Church and loving every minute of it, God is good.I don't have a question but would rather reinforce what we now believe.
The Bible is clear in the fact that not one Gentile was ever required to keep the Seventh Day Sabbath. Starting with Adam and Eve, Noah, Abraham, Isaac,and Jacob and for that matter anyone mention in Genesis the word Sabbath is not mention nor is there a command to keep it. We all claim to be children of Abraham, and therefore we are not Spiritual Jews as the SDA's like to call themselves. Abraham was not a Jew. The Old Covenant was given to Moses and His generation who were then considered the Chosen People. Moses tells us that Old Covenant laws were not given to his fathers. Since the Sabbath is the sign of the Old Covenant that makes it impossible for that sign to be reinforced in the New Covenant. Paul calls the Sabbath a shadow and that word immediately disappears from the last 14/15 books of the Bible. The 7 churches in Revelation span nearly 2000 years and in that time frame not 1 Gentile was ever accused of breaking the Sabbath which was the sign of the Old Covenant.
As far as Sister White is concerned, if God did speak directly to her,why than are her writings constantly being revised? How do you revise something if that something is what God has spoken?In the Old Testament God spoke to his people through the Prophets and in these last days the Bible is clear that God speaks to his people through His Son Jesus Christ. Anyone after Our Lord is a Johnny come lately and clearly a false prophet. Jesus Himself commands us in the New Testament to look out for false Prophets. To me that command by Jesus has far more value and is far more revenant today than the "keeping of Sabbath" which is the sign of the Old Covenant. Sign and Seal are just four letter words but Sister White clearly mixed them up. The Holy Spirit is what seals you and The Holy Spirit leads you to the Creator and does not lead you to a created day. The Sabbath is not the seal as Sister White claims. The Holy Spirit leads you to a Sabbath rest in Christ the person 24/7. You are committing the unpardonable sin by rejecting the prompting of the Holy Spirit whose job it is to lead us to a resting relationship with Christ. Jesus said on the cross: "It is finished". That means no more working my way to gain my salvation.

God Bless,

Fred

Answer
Dear Fred,

Thank you so much for your comments. I could not have said it better and I am in total agreement with you. I am happy that we have found our way out of the shadows and into the light and freedom of God's Word. I am eternally grateful. It's also liberating to know and understand what was actually accomplished on the Cross -- that His work really is complete and He unlike the Levitical priests is sitting down. And yes, Jesus is our Sabbath rest 24/7. It's all about Him and not a day.

Thank you again for your timely and accurate comments. I will meet you in the Kingdom but until then may you and yours continue to enjoy the rest of not trying to accomplish what has already been done for us. God is extremely good and He is truly gathering those whom He has chosen.

Take care.  

Seventh-Day Adventists

Patricia Allen