Seventh-Day Adventists/IJ

Hello Sal,

My Adventist friend gave me a some verses in reference to the IJ, any comments on these?

Thank you Sal and have a nice day,

John 5:24

New International Version (NIV)

24 “Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life.

1 John 2:1

New International Version (NIV)

2 My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have an advocate with the Father—Jesus Christ, the Righteous One.

Acts 16:30-31

New International Version (NIV)

30 He then brought them out and asked, “Sirs, what must I do to be saved?”

31 They replied, “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved—you and your household.”

James 2:12

New International Version (NIV)

12 Speak and act as those who are going to be judged by the law that gives freedom,

Revelation 20:12

New International Version (NIV)

12 And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books.

Romans 2:16

New International Version (NIV)

16 This will take place on the day when God judges people’s secrets through Jesus Christ, as my gospel declares.

Ecclesiastes 12:13-14

New International Version (NIV)

13 Now all has been heard;
   here is the conclusion of the matter:
Fear God and keep his commandments,
   for this is the duty of all mankind.
14 For God will bring every deed into judgment,
   including every hidden thing,
   whether it is good or evil.

Good Morning Brother Serge:

The first three quotes relate to salvation and the last four relate to judgment. Unfortunately for him your SDA friend's Bible references have nothing to do with an Investigative Judgment. If he meant to show that there will be a judgment he need not have wasted his time. A judgment does not equal the Investigative Judgment. Just as commandments do not equal the Ten Commandments. Some say that SDAs are brainwashed (I don't agree with them). Your friend equating "judgment" with Investigative Judgment as well as many SDAs equating "commandments" with Ten Commandments or "rest" with Sabbath tends to give support to those who believe SDAs are brainwashed.

If I can be of further support just let me know.

Let me add a heart felt "thank you" this Memorial Day to all our armed forces men and women who gave the ultimate sacrifice to preserve our freedom. Let their family and friends know that their sacrifice will never be forgotten. I would especially like to remember my great-uncle Angelo who made the ultimate sacrifice fighting the Japanese on Iwo Jima back in 1945.

Have a great day,
Brother Sal  

Seventh-Day Adventists

I am privileged to be able to offer an alternative insight into the complicated world of Seventh-Day Adventists (SDA) theology. I will rely heavily on the Bible, but will also consider history and use logic in exposing deficiencies in SDA teachings. I would ask anyone who is considering becoming a SDA or if you are already in the SDA church, but are searching for the truth, to please allow me to offer a different explanation for the claims of the SDA. Remember : "The truth will set you free" (John 8:32). I can answer your questions pertaining to the beliefs and history of the SDA. I am not able to answer questions concerning spirituality or church discipline.

I have extensively studied the theology of the Seventh-Day Adventists (SDA) for a number of years. I have many books and tape sets produced by experts in this field of study. I have debated current members of the SDA church. I have a great desire to help these people see the truth.

M.S. degree in Food, Nutrition, and Dietetics