Seventh-Day Adventists/Offerings to the Saints

How should offerings to the Saints be used? To help the needy/poor, to pay Church electricity bills & water bills, to buy a car for the Pastor, to pay for the repairs for the Church? Explain to me these verses with regards to offerings, 1 Timothy 5:17-18 & 1 Corinthians 16:1-2.

Dear Qhelisha Ncube:

Free will offerings may be used as the church determines. All the things you mentioned are acceptable uses of offerings.

In 1 Corinthians 16:1-2 Paul is asking the church there to take up a free will offering to be sent to the church in Jerusalem.

"Now concerning the collection for the saints: as I directed the churches of Galatia, so you also are to do. On the first day of every week, each of you is to put something aside and store it up, as he may prosper, so that there will be no collecting when I come" (ESV).

In 1 Timothy 5:17-18 Paul is saying that the elders or pastors are deserving of double honor or special respect. He may also be saying that the church should financially support its pastor.

"Let the elders who rule well be considered worthy of double honor, especially those who labor in preaching and teaching. For the Scripture says, 'You shall not muzzle an ox when it treads out the grain,' and, 'The laborer deserves his wages' (ESV).

I pray that this helped you.

Brother Sal  

Seventh-Day Adventists

I am privileged to be able to offer an alternative insight into the complicated world of Seventh-Day Adventists (SDA) theology. I will rely heavily on the Bible, but will also consider history and use logic in exposing deficiencies in SDA teachings. I would ask anyone who is considering becoming a SDA or if you are already in the SDA church, but are searching for the truth, to please allow me to offer a different explanation for the claims of the SDA. Remember : "The truth will set you free" (John 8:32). I can answer your questions pertaining to the beliefs and history of the SDA. I am not able to answer questions concerning spirituality or church discipline.

I have extensively studied the theology of the Seventh-Day Adventists (SDA) for a number of years. I have many books and tape sets produced by experts in this field of study. I have debated current members of the SDA church. I have a great desire to help these people see the truth.

M.S. degree in Food, Nutrition, and Dietetics