Seventh-Day Adventists/tithes and offerings

How should Christians use tithes and offerings today, by helping the needy/poor, paying for Church expenses like electricity bills and water bills, repairs to Church buildings, buying a car for the Pastor? How should tithes and offerings be used scripturally by Christians?

Dear Qhelisa Ncube:

Tithing is no longer required of Godís people. Please see the following links to previous answers concerning tithing.

My answers:
Tithing Today @

Abrahamís Tithing @

SDA Tom Norrisís answer:
Tithing @

I pray that these links help.

Brother Sal  

Seventh-Day Adventists

I am privileged to be able to offer an alternative insight into the complicated world of Seventh-Day Adventists (SDA) theology. I will rely heavily on the Bible, but will also consider history and use logic in exposing deficiencies in SDA teachings. I would ask anyone who is considering becoming a SDA or if you are already in the SDA church, but are searching for the truth, to please allow me to offer a different explanation for the claims of the SDA. Remember : "The truth will set you free" (John 8:32). I can answer your questions pertaining to the beliefs and history of the SDA. I am not able to answer questions concerning spirituality or church discipline.

I have extensively studied the theology of the Seventh-Day Adventists (SDA) for a number of years. I have many books and tape sets produced by experts in this field of study. I have debated current members of the SDA church. I have a great desire to help these people see the truth.

M.S. degree in Food, Nutrition, and Dietetics