Seventh-Day Adventists/placing wreaths for the dead

Sir, in India we place flower garlands on coffins will it mean worshiping the dead.

Hi Arul,

Thank you for your question!

In reading up a little bit about India and how they use the flowers, it would seem like the flowers used would not necessarily be for the "worshiping of the dead" but more to honor a Hindu deity. There are also certain flowers themselves that are used on specific occasions to honor specific deities.

Flowers of themselves are not evil, and placing flowers at a grave site, over a coffin, etc. is not worshiping the dead. Over here in the United States, using flowers in this way is a way of honoring the deceased (not worshiping them). By "honoring" them I mean that we think about their life and what they meant to us.

It sounds like to me this is a more culture sensitive issue rather than a biblical one. If you can use the flowers in a way that has nothing to do with any pagan deities, than use them.  :)

God be with you brother.

I am sorry for your loss.

Seventh-Day Adventists

I can answer any questions about SDA theology.

I have studied deeply the doctines of the Seventh-Day Adventist faith, testing each one against the Bible. I wish to share these truths with others, that all may be brought into the fullness of light that God has given to His church. Over the past 8 years of my life I have proven over and over again that the Seventh-Day Adventist truth, remains Gods truth.

Amazing Facts, Amazing Discoveries, LLT Productions.

None that apply directly to theology.