Seventh-Day Adventists/2,300 evenings and mornings

QUESTION: Good morning Matt,

I thought you might appreciate to know what I discovered this week in the comments of my French Bible "La Bible expliquée" translated by a team of experts (Theologians, biblists...) from many denominations. Since there are one evening and one morning every day then 2,300 evenings and mornings = 1,150 days! It makes so much sense and out the window goes another SDA heresy.

Best Regards,

ANSWER: Hi Serge,

The direct term used in Daniel 8:14 is "Boqer" which is actually translated as "morning,  or the beginning of the day"

See below:

Strong's Number:   01242     
Original Word   Word Origin
rqb   from (01239)
Transliterated Word   TDNT Entry
Boqer   TWOT - 274c
Phonetic Spelling   
Parts of Speech bo'-ker   Noun Masculine
morning, break of day
of end of night
of coming of daylight
of coming of sunrise
of beginning of day

So it can actually be read as 2300 mornings...which is still the beginning of a day and each morning is still be numbered separately, so the text still states 2300 days.

Even if it was to be translated as "evening & mornings" one can still translate that to 2300 days. One morning and one evening = one day. The text states that there was 2300 evenings and if there was 2300 mornings and 2300 evenings than its still 2300 days?

God bless you brother as you continue to study His Word.

QUESTION: Hello Matt,

Thank you for your answer but it does not make sense and there is no point carrying a conversation with someone who will not admit that there is one morning and one evening every day.

May the light of the Lord be abundantly with you,

Hi Serge,

The issue is that it sounds like some are trying to separate the evenings FROM the mornings?

So it, would be in a sense counting them twice as 2300 days.

This is not correct, the context and proper rendering of the text tells us that each day had an evening and a morning. Which equals one full day...

The text is stating that there was 2300 evenings and mornings to relate that indeed they were counting FULL days.

This is common in Jewish writing.

Look at Genesis for just one example:

Genesis 1:5
And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

1 Samuel 17:16
And the Philistine drew near morning and evening, and presented himself forty days.

So by your definition Genesis 1:5 would only be half a day, and in Samuel he would have presented himself only 20 days?

So I will have to disagree with the way your footnotes interpret it.  

Seventh-Day Adventists

I can answer any questions about SDA theology.

I have studied deeply the doctines of the Seventh-Day Adventist faith, testing each one against the Bible. I wish to share these truths with others, that all may be brought into the fullness of light that God has given to His church. Over the past 8 years of my life I have proven over and over again that the Seventh-Day Adventist truth, remains Gods truth.

Amazing Facts, Amazing Discoveries, LLT Productions.

None that apply directly to theology.