Seventh-Day Adventists/Sabbath

Question
If the day of worship was changed from sabbath to sunday by the death of Christ why did the apostles go to church on the sevenths day(sabbath) of the week.Acts 13:10,14,27,42,44. Acts 15:21. Acts 17:1-2, Acts 18:4.

Mark 1:21, Mark 6:2, Luke 4:16 Luke 13:10, Ezekiel 20:12,20 Exodus 31:13,14,15

Isaiah 56:2,4,6,

Origin sun worship sunday worship-Ezekiel 8:16, 2 Kings 23:5

Answer
Good evening to you, Peace.  I suppose that is your name and might I say that is a beautiful name.  Thank you for writing all the way from Germany.  I think you can remove the verse Acts 13:10 if you want.  I’m curious as to why you did not include a key verse associating the death of Christ and the Sabbath.  Remember when the disciples asked Christ when would be the sign of His coming and also the destruction of Jerusalem?  Christ answered concerning the destruction of Jerusalem in AD 70 saying “Pray that your flight (escape) be not in winter or on the Sabbath day.”  Matthew 24:20.  In other words Christ asked His disciples to pray that when they were to escape just before Jerusalem was to be destroyed by the Roman armies that it wouldn’t happen in winter which would cause difficulties or be on the Sabbath day interfering with their religious experience.  See the implication Peace?  When Christ said “pray that your flight be not on the Sabbath” He was looking 40 years into the future (AD 70).  In other words He was still expecting His followers to be keeping the Sabbath 40 years after His death.  And thank you for those Old Testament verses in Isaiah and Ezekiel.  Isaiah mentioned a very convincing passage in chapter 66:22 & 23 concerning the earth made new.  He said “from one new moon to another (every 30 days) and from one Sabbath to another shall all flesh come and worship before me.”  So we will be keeping the Sabbath in the new earth too.  So you see Peace, I don’t believe that the seventh-day Sabbath was ever changed and replaced by the first day of the week, Sunday.  This was man’s commandment not God’s for Jesus said that as long as heaven and earth last not even the dotting of an i or the crossing of a t would be removed from the law of God.  Matthew 5:18.  Thank you for your comments and please continue your close walk with the Lord because He loves you very much.  anthony  

Seventh-Day Adventists

Anthony