Seventh-Day Adventists/Conditional prophecy

Frank wrote at 2014-01-30 22:56:57
    Prophesies concerning the Lord's return are always conditional. The prophecy the expert says was a false one could have been fulfilled had the conditions for the Lord's return been met.  Since the Lord didn't return before all those present at the meeting had died, a seeming contradiction, those conditions must not have been met.

There are examples of seemingly similar contradictions in the Bible. For example, "For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works. Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom." (Matthew 16:27-28 KJV)

And ". . . Again the high priest asked him, and said unto him, Art thou the Christ, the Son of the Blessed? And Jesus said, I am: and ye shall see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven." (Mark 14:61-62 KJV)

Jesus didn't know the day or the hour of His 2nd coming while He walked the earth.

"But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father." (Mark 13:32 KJV)

Consequently those who say Mrs. White is a false prophet because of what she said at the meeting in question are inadvertently accusing the Savior of the same thing.

In Christ's love,

Seventh-Day Adventists

I am privileged to be able to offer an alternative insight into the complicated world of Seventh-Day Adventists (SDA) theology. I will rely heavily on the Bible, but will also consider history and use logic in exposing deficiencies in SDA teachings. I would ask anyone who is considering becoming a SDA or if you are already in the SDA church, but are searching for the truth, to please allow me to offer a different explanation for the claims of the SDA. Remember : "The truth will set you free" (John 8:32). I can answer your questions pertaining to the beliefs and history of the SDA. I am not able to answer questions concerning spirituality or church discipline.

I have extensively studied the theology of the Seventh-Day Adventists (SDA) for a number of years. I have many books and tape sets produced by experts in this field of study. I have debated current members of the SDA church. I have a great desire to help these people see the truth.

M.S. degree in Food, Nutrition, and Dietetics