Seventh-Day Adventists/False Prophets - Ellen White???????

David R. wrote at 2014-01-30 21:44:02
Sal, I appreciate your speedy answer and thoughts BUT let's not out what we think into the statement. She did not say in her statement that they would not die, she just said they would be alive to see Jesus come.

In a similar like statement that confuses people is when she told a woman that she would stand with the 144,000 thousand. That woman died and people think that EGW is a false prophet because of this because the 144,000 live at the very end of time and never see death. People also confuse the statement by not reading it carefully. EGW didn't say this lady would be a part of the 144,000 but she would stand with the 144,000. Again, the Special Resurrection would resurrect this lady and in essence she would be WITH the 144,000.

I hope this helps to bring clarity to something that was never confusing to begin with.

God Bless,

David R.

Luis wrote at 2014-09-16 16:50:05
It is not true that Ellen White "did not say in her statement that they would not die":

“At the conference a very solemn vision was given me. I saw that some of those present would be food for worms, some subjects for the seven last plagues, and some would be translated to heaven at the second coming of Christ, without seeing death.” Spiritual Gifts. Volume 2, page 208, paragraph 2.

Hope that helps.  

Seventh-Day Adventists

I am privileged to be able to offer an alternative insight into the complicated world of Seventh-Day Adventists (SDA) theology. I will rely heavily on the Bible, but will also consider history and use logic in exposing deficiencies in SDA teachings. I would ask anyone who is considering becoming a SDA or if you are already in the SDA church, but are searching for the truth, to please allow me to offer a different explanation for the claims of the SDA. Remember : "The truth will set you free" (John 8:32). I can answer your questions pertaining to the beliefs and history of the SDA. I am not able to answer questions concerning spirituality or church discipline.

I have extensively studied the theology of the Seventh-Day Adventists (SDA) for a number of years. I have many books and tape sets produced by experts in this field of study. I have debated current members of the SDA church. I have a great desire to help these people see the truth.

M.S. degree in Food, Nutrition, and Dietetics