Seventh-Day Adventists/Food in satanic worship

I would like to give you a scenario, suppose my brother attends a Satanic meeting and in this meeting they sacrifice a goat then pray over the goat to Satan, when the satanic service is over, each person is allowed to bring the goats meat home. The very same goats meat that was part of a devotional mass to their lord satan. Now what if my brother brings home this meat and he cooks it for us and we eat it FULL KNOWING that it was the very goat that was offered to Satan as a sacrifice. The very same meat that went through many satanic rituals.  Now we are all about to eat it.

I will quote their satanic bible ceremonial book

Eat of that over which the name of satan has been pronounced (while slaughtering that animal/bird), if you are believers in His revelations (6:118) Spartans book

My question to you is this, do you believe YAH will be pleased if we who call ourself His children eat this meat knowing in full that this meat went under many satanic rituals? Would you eat this meat?

Thanks Brett for your question.  Since this is a “scenario” then I would assume that the brother and family of the person attending the Satanic meeting are not Christians.  And if they are Christians then they must be undercover since how is it that a practicing Christian family would allow such things to enter their family and why would they be so well acquainted with all the details of the service, the rituals, even the verse used from that mythological book?  “…..for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness?”   2 Cor. 6:14.  In continuing with your question, I would not eat the meat since I gave up flesh foods over 40 years ago.  Thanks for allowing me to comment but my opinion is only that.  We need to weigh everything in accordance with what the word of God says and fortunately the apostle Paul encountered such a problem so may I mention some of his experiences for you to consider and then, guided by the Lord you can make your own decision.  The church at Corinth was having some internal problems as former pagans were coming into the church.  It was difficult for some of these pagans to give up their old practices one of which was that much of the food sold in the marketplace had been offered or dedicated to idols or demons.  The animal would be sacrificed in the pagan ritual and a part of it dedicated to a pagan idol.  (Of course Satan was behind the scenes inspiring these practices).  After the portion was dedicated to some god or demon the rest of the carcass was taken to the market place and sold as food.  Gentiles that came into the church from paganism were offended because the Christians bought some of these meats (clean meats) in the marketplace and ate what was offered in sacrifice to idols.  These new Christian converts from paganism are referred to as “the weaker breather”  1 Cor. Chapter 8.  Please read the entire 8th chapter to get the full picture (also Romans chapter 14 touches on this same problem).  I will just summarize with some verses.   1 Cor 8:4  “As concerning therefore the eating of those things that are offered in sacrifice unto idols, we know that an idol is nothing in the world, and that there is none other God but one.”  1 Cor 8:7  “Howbeit there is not in every man that knowledge: for some with conscience of the idol unto this hour eat it as a thing offered unto an idol; and their conscience being weak is defiled.  1 Cor 10:19  “What say I then? that the idol is any thing, or that which is offered in sacrifice to idols is any thing?”  1 Cor 8:10 “For if any man see thee which hast knowledge sit at meat in the idol’s temple, shall not the conscience of him which is weak be emboldened to eat those things which are offered to idols”  Romans 14:21 “It is good neither to eat flesh, nor to drink wine, nor any thing whereby thy brother stumbleth, or is offended, or is made weak.”  To sum this all up Paul says that an idol is “nothing in the world” and therefore food offered to it is not defiled and is okay for human consumption (clean foods of course) but he acknowledges that many did not view it that way.  The new converts (weaker brethren) felt that the food was contaminated and unfit for Christian consumption.  For the sake of these who objected Paul says, as you read the above chapters, that it was better not to offend their weak conscience by eating this food before them.  So if these are clean meats and you didn’t participate in any of the demon sacrifices then you may eat the food without being defiled but if someone nearby who does not yet have this understanding and may misinterpret the situation seeing you eat something used in a pagan ritual then for the sake of that person it is better not to eat and offend that person’s conscience.  I hope this helped a little.  Please remember Brett that we are told not to eat Biblically unclean foods.  This is because God wants us to be as healthy as possible but the kingdom of God is not eating or drinking.  Those these are important infinitely more important is our relationship with the Lord Jesus.  We must constantly abide in Him as the “branch abides in the Vine” because without Him we can do nothing.  John chapter 15.  Talk to the Lord often because He loves you very much.  Thanks again and may the Lord bless you as you seek Him, anthony  

Seventh-Day Adventists

Can one know God and not keep His commandments? Let John answer (1Jn2:4). He that says, I know Him and keeps not His commandments (including the 4th) is a liar and the truth is not in him. Since Seventh-Day Adventists derive their teachings from the Holy Bible, I will answer questions on any Biblically related subject or topic and questions on distinct Adventist practice and doctrine. Remember Paul`s words that state in the last days there will be deceivers seeking to lead astray many, yet the sincere believer can take comfort in the Lord`s promise that anyone desiring to know His truth will know it. May the Lord bless you as you seek Him.

I graduated from an Adventist University with a major in Behavioral Science and a minor in religion including an intermediate study of the Greek written language. I earned a master in religion from Liberty University a Baptist seminary. I have been a student of the Bible and of Biblical history for over 30 years.