Seventh-Day Adventists/Adventism's errors vs. Baptist's errors

Question
Hi Patricia,
I was just reading a reply you made to someone in where you told them you attend a Baptist church. You left the SDA church on the premise that they teach false doctrines and therefore how could you stay.

Well, how can you attend a Baptist church? Baptists believe in the false doctrine of "once saved always saved" and the really big and important teaching of what most of Christianity believes and teaches, including Baptists - the Secret Rapture. You'll leave one church because of perceived false doctrine but join another - this leaves you in the same boat (so-to-speak).

It seems like an issue of double-talk and confusion.

God Bless, David

Answer
Dear David,

Thank you for your comments.

Yes, I attend a Baptist church but you may recall that I also said that I consider myself non-denominational or a Christ Follower. I was baptized into Christ, not a denomination. I am God's temple and I am not bound by any beliefs or restrictions within organized religion. I enjoy the fellowship at Central Baptist and the pastor teaches from the Word ONLY. Unless he teaches something that is contrary to my walk with God or my salvation, I am capable of chewing the meat and spitting out the bones or choose another worship venue.

I don't believe that I would agree with any denomination or religion 100%. All man-made religions have some form of error/false teachings but some are more serious than others. That's why we are to study for ourselves. A church has no right to legislate what a person should believe. As a believer I am free to be led by the Spirit. God's true church is not found within a certain church or four walls. God's true and remnant church consists of individual believers everywhere .

Perhaps you are asking or thinking why I couldn't chew the meat and spit out the bones and remain in the SDA church. The funny answer is that if they had their way, I wouldn't eat meat so chewing it would be out of the question. The serious and simple answer is because this process was impractical as an SDA because too much error regarding salvation is taught . In addition, I do not believe Ellen White is an authoritative source and their Sabbath School lessons, bibles (Clear Word and Remnant), official church papers, official websites, books and sermons are inundated with her writings. Even when the current GC President (Ted N. C. Wilson) speaks, his consistent thread is "the Spirit of Prophecy" and a few Bible texts.

Furthermore, when a believer is baptized into the church I attend, they are baptized into Christ and Christ alone because they believe Christ died, rose again and has forgiven them of their sins. They are publicly acknowledging their belief in His complete and finished atonement for them. It's not at all about promising to accept doctrines and rules as a prerequisite to baptism and becoming a member. It's about commitment and freedom to follow the teachings of Christ wherever it leads them. SDA pastors are limited in what they are allowed to teach (and stay on payroll) and its members are penalized when certain rules (e.g. tithing) are not adhered to. I am referring to traditional Adventism because I understand there are now different persuasions such as Progressives who don't subscribe to all of the traditional and still enforced teachings and beliefs that Ted Wilson is aggressively promoting.

You mentioned that Baptists and other Christians (non SDAs) believe in the Secret Rapture and Once Saved Always Saved. To be honest, I don't recall any study when I was an SDA regarding these topics but I always heard they were not true.

I believe the Bible when it says that when a believer is born again, he becomes a new creature and the Holy Spirit indwells him. He is sealed with the Holy Spirit as a deposit or guarantee of his salvation and/or redemption.

Ephesians 1:13-14 NIV
And you also were included in Christ when you heard the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation. When you believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, [14] who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God’s possession ---to the praise of his glory.

A born again believer's salvation is assured and secure. This is part of the Good News of the Gospel. I take comfort and confidence in the following texts - just to share a few:

1 John 5:13 (AMP)
13 I write this to you who believe in (adhere to, trust in, and rely on) the name of the Son of God [in the peculiar services and blessings conferred by Him on men], so that you may know [with settled and absolute knowledge] that you [already] have life, yes, eternal life .

John 10:28-29 (AMP)
28 And I give them eternal life, and they shall never lose it or perish throughout the ages . [To all eternity they shall never by any means be destroyed.] And no one is able to snatch them out of My hand.
29 My Father, Who has given them to Me, is greater and mightier than all [else]; and no one is able to snatch [them] out of the Father's hand .

1 Peter 1:23 (AMP)
23 You have been regenerated (born again) , not from a mortal origin (seed, sperm), but from one that is immortal by the ever living and lasting Word of God.

John 6:37-39 (AMP)
37 All whom My Father gives (entrusts) to Me will come to Me; and the one who comes to Me I will most certainly not cast out [I will never, no never, reject one of them who comes to Me].
39 And this is the will of Him Who sent Me, that I should not lose any of all that He has given Me, but that I should give new life and raise [them all] up at the last day .

John 3:16 (AMP)
16  For God so greatly loved and dearly prized the world that He [even] gave up His only begotten (unique) Son, so that whoever believes in (trusts in, clings to, relies on) Him shall not perish (come to destruction, be lost) but have eternal (everlasting) life.

If you have been born again and if you have accepted the FREE gift of salvation by grace through faith in Jesus and Jesus alone, THEN YOU ARE SAVED AND YOU HAVE ETERNAL LIFE. Legally it's a done deal because of the blood and its acceptance by faith. Sounds like Once Saved Always Saved? Well, the longer I live, the more I believe that to be the case. We are ‘born again’ of ‘imperishable seed’. (1 Peter 1:23)

1 Peter 1:23 (KJV)
23  Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible , by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.     

If after reading the aforementioned texts and you believe I am deluded or deceived, I invite you to share with me from the Bible what you perceive to be my error. I truly have not gone from one false teaching and accepted another.

Regarding the Secret Rapture, I am aware that Baptists and other Christians believe in it. I see what could be biblical support for it, but to be totally honest, I have not done due diligence nor reached a conclusion from private study. All I know for sure is that when Jesus comes I'm going to be with Him forever and that's enough for me.

What I believe matters the most is our relationship with God and belief in the Gospel: The death, burial and resurrection of Jesus; forgiveness for our sins (past, present, and future); Jesus covering us, being our substitute and Kinsman Redeemer. That's GOOD NEWS! He died once for all and I choose to believe Him and allow the Spirit to live within my temple and lead me.

I hope this better states my position. May God bless you always.

Seventh-Day Adventists

Patricia Allen