Seventh-Day Adventists/Three Angels Message

Question
Hi Tom,
I am a Seventh Day Adventist, fairly new to the church, I was a former Catholic and Baptist. Did a lot of searching in my time, and finally found the truth in the SDA. But I am not affiliated with the conference and home church because of the errors within the church. I would like to know how you would explain the Three Angels Message to non believers, I am trying to find a good way of explaining but get tongue tied when I do. I can show scriptures and do my best to explain. But looking for your take on how to do it. Is there a booklet or witnessing track that would be helpful.
Thanks so much
Sister Donna

Answer
Those that have recently joined the SDA church have much to learn and unlearn.  They have no idea what a confused and dysfunctional time this is for the Adventist Movement, which has been self-destructing since Glacier View in 1980.  

There is a reason why more than 10 MILLION baptized members have left the SDA church in the past two generations, and why more leave all the time.  Such numbers are not sustainable, and thus we are witnessing the self-destruction of Adventism in the 21st century.

There is a reason why the Internet is full of anti-SDA web sites and angry former pastors, scholars, and members who claim Adventism to be Old Covenant, outdated, and wrong.  

Leaving the SDA Church
http://www.atomorrow.net/fluxbb/viewtopic.php?id=233

Today, Adventism is locked in a crisis of credibility that will be fatal if not resolved. Those that have joined the church after 1980, did so with a fabricated, manipulated, and sanitized view of Adventism.   They are victims of a cruel “bait and switch” scam, orchestrated by the dishonest Takoma Park apologists that were more interested in hiding what happened in Battle Creek then learning the lessons from that failed time period.

Adventism marketing is very dishonest.  New members are never told the truth about the doctrinal debates surrounding 1844,1888, or 1980.  Nor do they understand the underlying issues and theological problems that must be properly addressed and corrected if Adventism is going to move forward with a deeper understanding of Gospel Eschatology and Present Truth for the 21st century.  

In short, the SDA denomination has been promoting a worthless, false, and dangerous view of the Three Angels Messages for generations.  When confronted with the opportunity at Glacier View to make the necessary corrections in 1980, the leaders doubled-down on doctrinal error, as if they had no doctrinal errors to correct.   

This was a fatal mistake, one that must be corrected if the Denomination has any intention of following the prophetic fundamentals that define Adventism.

Adventism, with its unique understanding of Protestant eschatology, is more sophisticated and complex than many imagine.  The Three Angels Messages of Rev 14 is a remarkable paradigm that represents the historical and theological development of the Advent Movement.  No one today can go back and change history, but yet many have done this, including the SDA leaders, resulting in great confusion and error.

Here are some fundamental points about the Three Angels Messages in Rev 14:

1) Each prophetic “message” represents a 19th century time period, as well as some correction about previous doctrinal error.  And only one “message” can be featured at any time.

2) Each new “Message” also contains new doctrine. Like the Sabbath, which is “pillar” of the 3rd Angels Message, which is added to the core doctrines already established from the previous messages.   

3)  A message must fail in order for the next message can become active.

4)  The Three Angels Messages also encompass the future 4th Angels Message of Rev 18, which is the conclusion of this unique eschatological paradigm.  In fact, the point and purpose of the Three Angels Messages is to lead the last church to the 4th and final Gospel “message,’ which is based in Rev 18.  

In Adventist theology, this is called the “Loud Cry of the 3rd Angels Message.”  Also known as the 4th Angels Message.  This is where the Adventists today must migrate.  They must leave the failed 3rd Angels Message behind, and move forward to develop and proclaim the 4th Angels Message where every doctrine will reflect the Protestant Gospel, including the Judgment and New Covenant, 7th day Sabbath, which is based on the Priesthood of every believer.  (Note:  This is not the same OC Sabbath doctrine as the SDA’s)

SDA Sabbath Vs. Gospel Sabbath
http://www.atomorrow.net/fluxbb/viewtopic.php?id=836

Failure Leads To Truth

The 1st Angels Message of Rev 14: 6, 7, features the Protestant Gospel as well as the doctrine of the 2nd Coming.  William Miller discovered it in 1818.  However, when the predicted time for the Second Advent failed, in the Spring of 1844, a new, corrected message came into view.  This was the 2nd Angels Message, which also failed when Christ did not come to earth on Oct 22, 1844.  This led to the discovery of the 3rd Angels message in 1847, which is synonymous with the SDA denomination with their core doctrine that only the 7th day could be the Sabbath for the church.  

Today, the 3rd Angels Message, which is represented by the confused theology of the modern SDA church, has failed for all to see.  This is exactly what happened in Battle Creek after 1888, and again in Takoma Park after Glacier View in 1980.  This second meltdown is still going strong in 2014; it will most likely be fatal for the SDA’s if not soon corrected.   

Consequently, Millions are turning away from 7th day Adventism because the Denomination’s views about history and theology are not honest, correct, or credible. The modern SDA’s are self-destructing because their leaders are too proud to admit their errors and sins; and they no longer care about their past eschatology, nor do they want to search for new Gospel Truth.  They have long ago lost this original attitude that brought them into existence.

4th Angels Message; The Only Hope

The only hope for the Advent Community is for them to:

1) Admit the 3rd Angels Message has failed.  

2) Develop the 4th and last Advent Message, during which, the end of the world will take place.

See also:

What is the 4th Angel's Message?
http://www.atomorrow.net/fluxbb/viewtopic.php?pid=12079#p12079

http://en.allexperts.com/q/Seventh-Day-Adventists-2318/2012/1/sda-pillars.htm

http://en.allexperts.com/q/Seventh-Day-Adventists-2318/Three-Angels-Message.htm

http://en.allexperts.com/q/Seventh-Day-Adventists-2318/2009/5/3rd-Angel-Message.

http://en.allexperts.com/q/Seventh-Day-Adventists-2318/PILLARS-FAITH.htm

Conclusion

The Advent Movement was not started by the SDA’s, nor does it appear that it will be completed by them.  While they have represented the 3rd Angels Message for many years, it is time for all to admit that this law based “message” of obedience to the Sabbath has terminated in failure, schism, and embarrassment.   Just like EVERY pervious Advent Message.   Thus, the present demise of Adventism is a normative and necessary precursor to the next level of understanding, which is called the 4th Angels Message.  

The development and promotion of the 4th Angels Message is  “Present Truth” for modern Adventism.  This is the only path that will rehabilitate, energize, and prepare the last church for the great time of trouble and the Judgment Day, which is the Second Coming.  

Is anyone listening?

Mark 4:23 “If anyone has ears to hear, let him hear.”

Tom Norris for Adventist Reform and All Experts.Com

Seventh-Day Adventists

Tom Norris