Seventh-Day Adventists/The Sabbath is Moral Law

Frank wrote at 2014-04-29 04:27:12
4/26/2014 - The Sabbath is Moral Law

<<< The expert's answer: >>>

The question to be answered is: Is the Sabbath a purely moral law? My answer is no. The 7th day Sabbath has both moral & ceremonial aspects associated with it.

<<< There is no such thing as a commandment that is both a moral commandment and a ceremonial commandment. The ceremonial remedies for sin are a response to the transgression of the moral law. >>>

The Sabbath commandment emphasized rest.

<<< The Sabbath was blessed and sanctified by God when day seven of creation week ended. (See Genesis 2:2-3)

God’s example of six days of work followed by a day of rest is the pattern for all the weeks which follow. >>>

“Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates" (Exodus 20:8-10 NKJV; cf. Exodus 16:29-30; 23:12; 31:14-15; 34:21; 35:2).

However, the Sabbath was also associated with worship.

"The Lord said to Moses, 'Speak to the Israelites and say to them: These are my appointed festivals, the appointed festivals of the Lord, which you are to proclaim as sacred assemblies. There are six days when you may work, but the seventh day is a day of sabbath rest, a day of sacred assembly. You are not to do any work; wherever you live, it is a sabbath to the Lord" (Leviticus 23:1-3 NIV).

All Christians can agree that the worship of God is moral.

“You shall have no other gods before Me. You shall not make for yourself a carved image—any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me" (Exodus 20:3-5 NKJV).

<<< This commandment forbids the worship of idols and forbids serving them. It is the second of the first four commandments that defines how we are to relate to our God. >>>

The ceremonial part of the Sabbath is its timing (the 7th day) and the sacrifices to be offered.

<<< The sacrificial system was introduced to the children of Israel at Sinai. The sabbath was made (instituted) at creation. There were daily sacrifices that were added at Sinai and there were instructions as to when they were to be made but that has nothing to do with the timing of the sabbath day. It has always been and will always be the seventh day. The sacrificial system ended at the cross. The sacrifices on the sabbath day ended at the cross. The sabbath of the 4th commandment did not. >>>

"On the Sabbath day, make an offering of two lambs a year old without defect, together with its drink offering and a grain offering of two-tenths of an ephah of the finest flour mixed with olive oil. This is the burnt offering for every Sabbath, in addition to the regular burnt offering and its drink offering." (Numbers 28:9-10 NIV).

<<< The 4th commandment tells us what day of the week that we are to keep holy. The 4th commandment also tells us when it was made holy and why. The expert must ignore this even though the questioner made specific mention of it because it proves the expert’s arguments to be false. The ceremonial law was instituted after sin and as we are about to see, the sabbath given at Sinai is the same sabbath that was made at creation before sin entered the world. From the 4th commandment:

“For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.” (Exodus 20:11 KJV)

Notice that, according to the 4th commandment itself, the day the Lord blessed and sanctified at creation is the sabbath day (Heb. shabbath). The same day upon which God rested (Heb. shabath) after creating the earth and everything in it in six days (see Gen 2:2). Because of this there can be no confusion concerning when the Sabbath was made and there can be no confusion concerning which day of the week is to be observed and there can be no confusion as to whether or not the 4th commandment is a ceremonial ordinance or one of God’s ten eternal moral commandments for man. >>>

Moral law is an expression of the character of God. God puts His moral law into the hearts of all mankind. Therefore, special revelation is not needed for man to know a moral law. God did not have to give man special revelation in order for man to know that murder is wrong. All mankind knows this moral truth.

<<< In saying this, the expert agrees with the SDA doctrine that says the moral law was “put into” man at creation. We believe they were created intelligent and were able to communicate. We disagree, however, over how a moral law is distinguished from a ceremonial one. It is the expert’s purpose to prove that the sabbath is ceremonial as well as moral allowing him to say it ended with the ceremonial law. >>>

Ceremonial laws are not so known. The Sabbath is not so known. A man living in deepest, darkest Africa knows not to murder, but he does not know that he should be observing the 7th day Sabbath from sundown Friday until sundown Saturday each week.

<<< Except, Of course, there were the headhunters that had no qualms about taking the life of another. >>>

This would require special revelation from God.

<<< Or it could have been passed from one generation to the next by word of mouth. Parents must teach their children from infancy the difference between right and wrong. They do not “just know” it. Adam and Eve must have been told about the Sabbath or else the first sin would not have been eating from the forbidden tree. It would have been profaning the Sabbath. In an unfallen world, grace is unnecessary so it is unthinkable that God would have allowed A&E to profane the sabbath, thus making God the author of sin. >>>

In fact the Sabbath was first received by special revelation given by God to Israel.

<<< Adam and Eve were created in God’s image and we believe that includes having His character written in the heart and mind. There can be no disputing the fact that the moral law reflects God’s character but it is adapted to meet the needs of man. Since Adam and Eve were created male and female God included the 7th commandment to regulate marriage. They were also given work to do. “And the LORD God took the man, and put him into the Garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it.” (Genesis 2:15 KJV) The commandment that regulates work and rest is the 4th. Since we have already proven that the Sabbath is from creation we can know and understand that God’s character was being reflected during the 7th day of creation week when he rested from His work. After the fall, carnal man was no longer subject to the law of God. “Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.” (Romans 8:7 KJV) When we look to scripture for the truth, we can know that the moral law is not something that fallen man just knows. “What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.” (Romans 7:7 KJV) It is scripture that teaches us the commandments and defines sin. It is the Holy Spirit that convicts of sin and righteousness. >>>

“You came down also on Mount Sinai, And spoke with them from heaven, And gave them just ordinances and true laws, Good statutes and commandments.  You made known to them Your holy Sabbath, And commanded them precepts, statutes and laws, By the hand of Moses Your servant”

(Nehemiah 9:13-14 NKJV).

<<< For God to have made known the sabbath to the children of Israel at Sinai, it must already have existed. That also means the other nine already existed and were not being introduced for the first time. And that also means that the 10 C’s are not strictly a Jewish law. And as we have already discovered, believing that God did not tell Adam and Eve they must keep holy the sabbath day would make God the author of sin and we know He is not. >>>   

Moral laws have always existed and will always exist. They illuminate the sinfulness of all mankind. "...for through the Law comes the knowledge of sin" (Romans 3:20 NASB). "The Law came in so that the transgression would increase..." (Romans 5:20 NASB). Ceremonial laws are instituted only for a specific period of time and for a specific people. The Sabbath was instituted as a part of the Old Covenant after Israel’s exodus from Egypt (see Exodus 16:22-30) and codified at Mount Sinai (see Exodus 20:8-11).

<<< The Sabbath was instituted at creation as has already been established. This also makes it certain that it is not a ceremonial ordinance as that law was given to the children of Israel through Moses at Sinai. >>>

The Law Covenant to which the Sabbath belonged came into being 430 years after the promise made to Abraham and was brought to an end by Christ (see Galatians 3:17-19).  

<<< Nonsense. Sin is transgression of the law and Adam and Eve sinned when they ate from the forbidden tree. Therefore they were the first transgressors of the law. >>>  

Only the Israelites were given the Sabbath. Only the Israelites and those under their authority were required to observe the Sabbath. No other people were ever commanded to observe it or condemned for not observing it. Thus the Sabbath, unlike a moral law, was never universally binding on all people. The Sabbath was the special sign of the covenant that God made with the Israelites.

<<< We have already proven the 10 C’s are universal. Adam and Eve kept the sabbath because to profane it would have been sin and the first sin wasn’t profaning the Sabbath. It was eating from the forbidden tree. >>>

Then the Lord said to Moses, “Say to the Israelites, ‘You must observe my Sabbaths. This will be a sign between me and you for the generations to come, so you may know that I am the Lord, who makes you holy.  “‘Observe the Sabbath, because it is holy to you. Anyone who desecrates it is to be put to death; those who do any work on that day must be cut off from their people. For six days work is to be done, but the seventh day is a day of sabbath rest, holy to the Lord. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day is to be put to death. The Israelites are to observe the Sabbath, celebrating it for the generations to come as a lasting covenant. It will be a sign between me and the Israelites forever, for in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, and on the seventh day he rested and was refreshed” (Exodus 31:12-17 NIV).

When Jesus freed God's people from bondage to sin he took away the necessity to observe the ceremonial requirements of the law. The moral requirement to worship God remains intact in the New Covenant. God's people no longer have any obligation to observe special days, new moons, seasonal feasts or sabbatical years.

<<< The sabbath of the 4th commandment did not end at the cross. It is not a ‘special day’ that was defined by the ceremonial law. >>>

"Formerly, when you did not know God, you were slaves to those who by nature are not gods. But now that you know God—or rather are known by God—how is it that you are turning back to those weak and miserable forces? Do you wish to be enslaved by them all over again? You are observing special days and months and seasons and years! I fear for you, that somehow I have wasted my efforts on you" (Galatians 4:8-11 NIV).

<<< The Ten Commandments define God’s two greatest commandments in the law. “And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment. And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.”

(Mark 12:30-31 KJV)

There is not a sin that isn’t defined by the 10 C”s. Paul defends this principle in Romans when He explains what it means to love one another. “Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law. For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.” (Romans 13:8-10 KJV) >>>

Generally speaking the physical elements of the Old Covenant have been done away with and the spiritual elements remain. For example, circumcision once the physical mark of the people of God is now a matter of the heart.  "But a Jew is one inwardly, and circumcision is a matter of the heart, by the Spirit, not by the letter. His praise is not from man but from God" (Romans 2:29 ESV). The heart or spirit of a person is the important thing to God not the rituals performed. Jesus informed the woman at the well that the Old Covenant was giving way to the New Covenant.

<<< How true. But the 4th commandment is not a ritual law. The law of the New Covenant is the principles of the 10 C’s written in the mind and heart and kept by the power of the Holy Spirit. “For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws

(Gr. nomos) into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:” (Hebrews 8:10 KJV) >>>

"Jesus answered and said to her, 'Whoever drinks of this water will thirst again, but whoever drinks of the water that I shall give him will never thirst. But the water that I shall give him will become in him a fountain of water springing up into everlasting life... Woman, believe Me, the hour is coming when you will neither on this mountain, nor in Jerusalem, worship the Father. You worship what you do not know; we know what we worship, for salvation is of the Jews. But the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for the Father is seeking such to worship Him. God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth'” (John 4:13-14, 21-24 NKJV).

"Spirit and truth" is key in the New Covenant not the particular day, nor the particular place, nor the particular sacrifices offered.

<<< Worship is not confined to the sabbath day. This was illustrated in the ceremonial law by the daily morning and evening sacrifices. The hour of these sacrifices became a traditional time for worship for the children of Israel. The six working days, however, are not blessed and sanctified by God and are not to be kept holy. They are for work. >>>

The new religion cannot be tied down to days, places, and agricultural sacrifices. In the New Covenant there is no mention of the importance of these things. Already in the Old Covenant there was an awareness of their inferiority.

<<< The Expert is speaking of the ceremonial laws of the Hebrew sanctuary and the annual sabbaths. Since it is already proven that the Sabbath of the 4th commandment is not part of that law his persuasion is wasted. “. . . Thy righteousness is an everlasting righteousness, and thy law is the truth.” (Psalms 119:141-142 KJV) >>>

"For You do not desire sacrifice, or else I would give it;

You do not delight in burnt offering.

The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit,

A broken and a contrite heart—

These, O God, You will not despise" (Psalm 51:16-17 NKJV).

"The soldiers took sheep and cattle from the plunder, the best of what was devoted to God, in order to sacrifice them to the Lord your God at Gilgal.”

But Samuel replied:

“Does the Lord delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices

as much as in obeying the Lord?

To obey is better than sacrifice,

and to heed is better than the fat of rams" (1 Samuel 15:21-22 NIV).

<<< The ritual law is fulfilled by Christ (see Mat 5:17). The moral law is established (see Rom 3:31). “Seeing it is one God, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith. Do we then make void the law (nomos) through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law (nomos).” (Romans 3:30-31 KJV) >>>

In the New Covenant the acceptable thing to God is our spiritual sacrifices. "You yourselves like living stones are being built up as a spiritual house, to be a holy priesthood, to offer spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ" (1 Peter 2:5 ESV).

The important thing to God is that we praise Him and treat one another with love and respect.

"Therefore by Him let us continually offer the sacrifice of praise to God, that is, the fruit of our lips, giving thanks to His name. But do not forget to do good and to share, for with such sacrifices God is well pleased" (Hebrews 13:15-16 NKJV).

The physical things: days, places, and sacrifices are not important any longer. Jesus praised the Jewish scribe for recognizing the relative unimportance of the holy sacrifices.

Then the scribe said to him, “You are right, Teacher; you have truly said that ‘he is one, and besides him there is no other’; and ‘to love him with all the heart, and with all the understanding, and with all the strength,’ and ‘to love one’s neighbor as oneself,’—this is much more important than all whole burnt offerings and sacrifices.” When Jesus saw that he answered wisely, he said to him, “You are not far from the kingdom of God.” After that no one dared to ask him any question. (Mark 12:32-34 NRSV).

<<< The sabbath of the 4th commandment has nothing to do with offerings and sacrifices except that it is through the shed blood of Christ that man is restored to righteousness and that includes keeping the sabbath of the 4th commandment. >>>

As a point of comparison with the 7th day Sabbath let's look at the seasonal feast called the Passover (see Exodus 12:1-20). I include here as part of the Passover the feast of Unleavened Bread which has been reckoned to be part of the eight day celebration called Passover. "Now the festival of Unleavened Bread, which is called the Passover, was near" (Luke 22:1 NRSV). Like the Sabbath, this feast has both ceremonial and moral aspects associated with it. The moral part is the worship of God in a sacred assembly.

"These are the Lord’s appointed festivals, the sacred assemblies you are to proclaim at their appointed times: The Lord’s Passover begins at twilight on the fourteenth day of the first month. On the fifteenth day of that month the Lord’s Festival of Unleavened Bread begins; for seven days you must eat bread made without yeast. On the first day hold a sacred assembly and do no regular work. For seven days present a food offering to the Lord. And on the seventh day hold a sacred assembly and do no regular work" (Leviticus 23:4-8 NIV).

The ceremonial part is the particular timing and the sacrifices offered (see Exodus 12:1-11; Leviticus 23:8). Like the Sabbath, the Passover's ceremonial aspects have been taken away. Jesus is our Passover Lamb. "...For Christ, our Passover lamb, has been sacrificed" (1 Corinthians 5:7 ESV; cf. John 1:29).

<<< The timing for the feasts and the annual sabbaths is according to the new moon which determines the beginning of the Jewish year (see Gen 1:14, 16) and is according to Jewish law. Observance of the sabbath of the 4th commandment is not determined by the moon and therefore it cannot be ceremonial. It is not given as part of the Jewish sanctuary laws that were rendered obsolete in performance by the cross. The sabbaths in the texts suggested by the expert are all determined by the moon. None are in reference to the sabbath of the 4th commandment. >>>

Likewise Jesus is our Sabbath rest.

"Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light” (Matthew 11:28-30 NKJV).

<<< There is no Bible text that says Jesus is our sabbath rest. The rest Jesus gives us is the rest from the bondage of sin. “For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh: That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.” (Romans 8:3-4 KJV) >>>

Both the Sabbath and Passover are examples of something that was absolutely required of Old Covenant believers. Both had moral and ceremonial parts. In the New Covenant the moral remain and the ceremonial (the timing and sacrifices) have been taken away. Both are called feasts of the Lord in Leviticus 23.

<<< The sabbath of the 4th commandment was not called a feast in Leviticus 23. Just a Holy Convocation (vs. 3). The feasts are not listed until verse 4 and onward. Verses 37 and 38 confirm the fact that the sabbath of the 4th commandment is not a Jewish feast. >>>

In the Old Covenant the violation of either the Sabbath or the Passover was met with a severe penalty (cf. Exodus 31:14-15 and Exodus 12:15, 19). This is not so in the New Covenant.

<<< The sabbath is not a ceremonial ordinance. It did not end at the cross.  It is a memorial of creation that is observed every seventh day by those who are not being deceived. The passover is a ceremonial observance that was fulfilled by Christ. “Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us:”

(1 Corinthians 5:7 KJV) The penalty for sin is still death. Any cherished, unconfessed sin will condemn the sinner on the judgment day. However, “If we (have) confess(ed) our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” (1 John 1:9 KJV) >>>

In the New Covenant the great teacher, Paul, is no respecter of days.

"You are observing special days and months and seasons and years! I fear for you, that somehow I have wasted my efforts on you" (Galatians 4:10-11 NIV).

<<< Paul worshipped and taught in the synagogues on the Sabbath.  “And when the Jews were gone out of the synagogue, the Gentiles besought (Paul) that these words might be preached to them the next sabbath.” (Acts 13:42 KJV) Paul said nothing to them about meeting on the “new Christian sabbath” or Sunday or any other day for that matter. Paul preached to them the next sabbath. >>>

The worship of God is moral law. However, the sacrifices and the particular day of worship is unimportant to Him in the New Covenant. Consequently, Paul says that Christians should not be concerned if someone condemns them in respect to Old Covenant observances.

<<< The 4th commandment is not a ceremonial ordinance. It did not end at the cross. The law written in stone at Sinai by God is written by Him in the heart and mind as well. >>>

"Therefore do not let anyone condemn you in matters of food and drink or of observing festivals, new moons, or sabbaths. These are only a shadow of what is to come, but the substance belongs to Christ" (Colossians 2:16-17 NRSV).

<<< The 4th commandment is not a “shadow of what is to come.”

It is a memorial of god’s creative work and a weekly appointment reserved exclusively for time with the creator. >>>

Note that Paul does not say that Christians cannot observe Old Covenant observances just that it is no longer a requirement for God's people. Paul gives great liberty in whether or not to observe Old Covenant food laws and special days. This is particularly clear in his address to the Church at Rome.

"One person considers one day more sacred than another; another considers every day alike. Each of them should be fully convinced in their own mind.  Whoever regards one day as special does so to the Lord. Whoever eats meat does so to the Lord, for they give thanks to God; and whoever abstains does so to the Lord and gives thanks to God" (Romans 14:5-6 NIV).

If the Sabbath was a purely moral law would Paul give such liberty? Does Paul ever say to not judge a fellow Christian who is breaking a purely moral law? Of course not. In fact he gave a harsh rebuke to the Church at Corinth for not condemning a fellow Christian for sexual immorality.

<<< Either that (no way) or the sabbath is not a day whose relative sacredness is determined by man. The expert is again using the corrupt NIV version of the Bible. The original Greek says nothing about the relative “holiness” of days and the KJV reflects this fact. “One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind. He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks.” (Romans 14:5-6 KJV) Man’s estimation of a day has no power to change the Sabbath of the 4th commandment or do away with it. In fact Paul is speaking of traditional Jewish laws concerning fasting. If these verses concern the sabbath why is eating mentioned and not rest? >>>

Read 1 Corinthians 5:1-5 NIV.

But concerning the Sabbath Paul says to not judge and to follow one's own conscience. Therefore, I conclude that Paul did not see the Sabbath as a purely moral law.

<<< Men were never given the authority to change the day of rest that was blessed and sanctified at creation. Paul’s statements regarding not to judge had nothing to do with the continued validity of the 4th commandment. It is the Papacy that presumes to have changed the sabbath to the first day of the week. Scripture says “And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.” (Daniel 7:25 KJV) The good news is that this antichrist power is defeated, “But the judgment shall sit, and they shall take away his dominion, to consume and to destroy it unto the end. And the kingdom and dominion, and the greatness of the kingdom under the whole heaven, shall be given to the people of the saints of the most High, whose kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and all dominions shall serve and obey him.” (Daniel 7:26-27 KJV) >>>

The 7th day Sabbath was the remembrance sign of the Old Covenant. The Ten Commandments were the heart of the Old Covenant between God and Israel.

<<< The sabbath of the 4th commandment has always been a weekly appointment with our creator, beginning with Adam and Eve. It was then and still is a sign that those who keep holy the sabbath day are honoring the creator of the world and not some ‘want to be’ dictator. At the end of time, its observance will distinguish those who fear God and keep His commandments (see Rev 14:7) from those who have resisted the truth unto believing a lie (see 2 Thes 2:11). >>>

"Then the Lord spoke to you from the midst of the fire; you heard the sound of words, but you saw no form—only a voice. So He declared to you His covenant which He commanded you to perform, that is, the Ten Commandments; and He wrote them on two tablets of stone" (Deuteronomy 4:12-13 NASB).

In the midst of this covenant contract was the Sabbath commandment. In covenant contracts of the time and region it was common practice to place the covenant's sign in the midst of the other commandments. This sign was typically ceremonial in nature. It is not very difficult to see the parallels between the covenant contract between a king and his subjects and the covenant contract between God and Israel. Both contracts contained a list of commands to be kept by the submissive party. Both contracts contained a ceremonial sign in the midst of the contract demands. In the covenant between God and Israel that ceremonial sign was the 7th day Sabbath with its particular timing (the 7th day) and sacrifices (see Numbers 28:9-10 quoted earlier). A purely moral law is not valid only on a particular day and has sacrifices associated with its validity.

<<< The 4th commandment defines all seven days of the week, not just the seventh day and no sacrifices have ever been required to validate it. The sign of the covenant is not ceremonial. The sign or seal gives the document its authority. Haman (see the book of Esther) tricked King Ahasuerus into allowing Haman to issue a decree sealed with the Kings signet ring that all the Jews should be killed on a certain day. When the King discovered it was the Queen’s people that were to be destroyed and wished to spare the Jews, he could not countermand the order because it had been sealed with his seal. He could, however, make a new decree and he did so calling the Jews to destroy those who would come against them and in this manner the evil was overcome.

When the King of kings made his new creation he made them accountable to his laws on pain of death. When Satan tempted them to disobedience, the broken law demanded their death. Since the law had the king’s seal upon it, he couldn’t countermand (revoke) it or change it to allow for or forgive man’s transgression. He could, however, provide a substitute to pay the price of man’s transgression and restore the guilty race to holiness and a place in His kingdom, thus satisfying the King’s wrath and overcoming the evil of sin. >>>

Thank you for the question.>>>

God Be With You,

Brother Sal

<<< In Christ’s love,

Frank >>>

Seventh-Day Adventists

Sal