Seventh-Day Adventists/The Seal Of God

Hey Jude wrote at 2014-04-11 21:06:05
Students of Bible Prophecy, the 10 commandments are an expression of God's character-10 moral principles of that are supernaturally written on hearts.  It is within the commandments that we find the seal of God.  A seal can be an embossed emblem, symbol, letter, etc., which is attached to a legal document. It has to do with legal matters.  A seal has 3 parts:  The name of the ruler, the ruler's title, and the extend of the ruler's territory.  The Bible gives us an important clue as to where God's seal is located, for it says in Isaiah 8:16:  "Bind up the testimony, seal the law among my disciples"  In fact, the "new covenant" (Heb8:8) that God made with His people involves His law.  Heb 8:10 we read:  "For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put My laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts; and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people."  In Rev 2 and 3 about the Angel ascending from heaven having the seal of God to seal his servants in their foreheads.  Ezekiel 20:20 "hallow My Sabbaths, and they will be a sign between Me and you that you may know that I am the Lord your God.  Thus the seal of God, which is to be in the heart of man, is in the heart of God's law! Holy Spirit is our guide, comforter.

Frank wrote at 2014-04-12 04:04:03

4 8 2014 – The Seal of God

<<< The expert’s answer: >>>

I understand the Seal of God to be the Holy Spirit.

"In Him, you also, after listening to the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation—having also believed, you were sealed in Him with the Holy Spirit of promise" (Ephesians 1:13).

"Do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption" (Ephesians 4:30).

<<< “For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us. Now he which stablisheth us with you in Christ, and hath anointed us, is God; Who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts.” (2 Corinthians 1:20-22 KJV) It is God who “seals” His people with the Holy Spirit.  >>>

It is the Holy Spirit that indicates whether or not one is a child of God not Sabbath keeping.

<<< Any one can say they are Christian but it is those who do His commands that will be declared righteous. “But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.” (James 1:22 KJV) It is the Sabbath commandment that arouses the ire of most of Christendom. Let’s face it. Most of the Christian world isn’t willing to crucify self at the foot of the cross. They say they follow Christ but they don’t keep the law. “He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.”

(1 John 2:4 KJV) They interpret scripture to suit their own desires. Including invalidating the Sabbath of the 4th commandment. Scripture says, "And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.” (Ephesians 4:30 KJV) The only way a Christian can be lost is to “grieve” the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is given to lead us into all truth and is grieved when we refuse to humble ourselves in submissive obedience. “For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,” (Hebrews 10:26 KJV) The only sin Jesus can’t forgive is the one that is cherished in the heart until the heart becomes so hardened that the Holy Spirit has no more influence, “. . . because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:”

(2 Thessalonians 2:10-11 KJV) >>>

Remember that Sabbath keeping was the sign of the Old Covenant not the New Covenant (cf. Exodus 31:13, 16-17). A person must be sealed with the seal of God, the Holy Spirit, in order to be a Christian.

<<< Circumcision, not the Sabbath, is the sign of the Old Covenant. The 4th commandment is one of God’s ten eternal “words” that He wrote in stone at Sinai for the new nation. It is the principles of this law that governed the new creation in the garden and if the law hadn’t been transgressed there would have been no need for a Law of Moses. God had Moses write down this law for the new nation He was about to establish in the Promised Land so they would be without excuse if they transgressed it. “Take this book of the law, and put it in the side of the ark of the covenant of the LORD your God, that it may be there for a witness against thee.” (Deuteronomy 31:26 KJV). >>>

"However, you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. But if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Him" (Romans 8:9; cf. 1 Corinthians 6:19-20).

So a Christian must possess the Holy Spirit. However, he does not need to keep the Sabbath.  

"One person regards one day above another, another regards every day alike. Each person must be fully convinced in his own mind" (Romans 14:5).

<<< The Apostles didn’t give the New Covenant law, they clarified, defined, and interpreted it. Christ’s “new commandment” that the Disciples should love one another as He had loved them did not change the law, it clarified it for them. It is impossible that Paul’s statement regarding man’s estimation of a day could be a reference to the 4th commandment. Paul was never given power to change the law. The New Covenant promise is, “This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them; And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.” (Hebrews 10:16-17 KJV) Scripture says idolaters will not inherit the kingdom of God. Idolaters do not keep the Sabbath or worship the creator God. They worship false Gods. God’s seal, the Holy Spirit, is given to those who obey Him and that includes keeping the moral law and that includes the 4th commandment which tells us to work six days and rest the 7th. Those who keep the Sabbath acknowledge that God is the creator and it is the creator God whom they serve. >>>  

In Revelation 14:7 we are told to worship the one who made heaven, earth, sea, and fountains of water. In Exodus 20:11 we are told who this one is who made heaven, earth, sea, and all that is in them. It is God or Yahweh. Therefore, we are to worship God not the Sabbath. "Worship Him" Revelation says not worship on a particular day. It is quite a stretch to say that "Worship Him" = "Worship on a particular day".

<<< The expert is clever in twisting words to deceive. The Law of Moses didn’t tell the Jews to worship the Sabbath. The 4th commandment doesn’t tell anyone to worship the Sabbath. There is not a single command in the Bible telling anyone to worship the Sabbath. That was just a “cheap shot” to discredit the beliefs and teachings of the SDA Church. When the scripture says, “Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.” (Revelation 14:7 KJV) that is a reference to the 4th commandment. The Sabbath commandment is God’s “seal” or sign (not to be confused with the Holy Spirit who seals God’s commandment keeping people) because it identifies who the lawgiver is and the seal gives the document, the 10 C’s, its authority. “. . . For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.” (Exodus 20:11 KJV) The seal tells us the name of the lawgiver (the Lord), His title (creator (made)) and dominion (heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is.) The Sabbath is the day set aside for God’s commandment keeping people to spend with Him in worship and fellowship “not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking thine own words”(see Isaiah 58:13). >>>  

Especially when that particular day has no particular relevance in the New Covenant.

<<< The expert couldn’t be more wrong when he says the Sabbath of the 4th commandment “has no particular relevance in the New Covenant.” God did not change the moral law when He died on the cross or after. If he could have changed the law to accommodate sin, His atoning sacrifice would have been unnecessary. It is the controversy over the day of worship and rest that will be the dividing mark between those who keep the commandments of God and those who don’t. The controversy is between those who say the Sabbath is no longer a righteous requirement of the law, either because it was “ceremonial” (or Jewish) and ended with the Law of Moses at the cross or was changed from the 7th day to the 1st day of the week in honor of the resurrection; and those who understand that there is no Biblical authority for a change of the Sabbath of the 4th commandment.

Sunday observance is Satan’s grandest deception. “And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast. And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?” (Revelation 13:3-4 KJV)

Satan (the dragon) is the power behind the beast power (Catholicism) and the false prophet (apostate Protestantism). The unifying force among all three of these will be the observance of the idol Sabbath (Sunday). Satan doesn’t attack those who serve him. Satan doesn’t lie about those who serve him. He doesn’t have to. It is those who keep Holy the Sabbath day and serve and worship the God of the Bible that arouses Satan’s anger.

God isn’t condemning His people for worshiping in the fallen churches. As it was at the time of His first advent “For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.” (John 3:17 KJV) so it is at the time of His second advent. God’s final call to His people is to come out of the fallen Churches and not suffer God’s plagues. “And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.” (Revelation 18:4 KJV) >>>

(All Bible quotes in this answer were taken from the New American Standard Bible).

Thanks for the question.

Have a great day,

Brother Sal

<<< In Christ’s love,

Frank >>>  

Seventh-Day Adventists

Sal