Seventh-Day Adventists/The Seal Of God

What is The Seal Of God in your understanding? You obviously do not think it is the Seventh day Sabbath! In Revelation 14: 7 we read "Worship Him that made Heaven And Earth, The Sea , And The Fountains Of Waters: And In Exodus 20: 8-11 We Read about the Sabbath but verse 11 tells : The Lord Made Heaven, And Earth, The Sea, and All That Is In Them.
That is The Seal Of God! But You obviously do not see it like that. You stomp on The Sabbath every Seventh day And you wipe your Feet all over it. The very commandment that you consider to be obsolete. The Commandment that you consider to be apart of The Sacrificial System of Moses Law!

Dear Brother Timothy:
I understand the Seal of God to be the Holy Spirit.

"In Him, you also, after listening to the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation—having also believed, you were sealed in Him with the Holy Spirit of promise" (Ephesians 1:13).

"Do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption" (Ephesians 4:30).

It is the Holy Spirit that indicates whether or not one is a child of God not Sabbath keeping. Remember that Sabbath keeping was the sign of the Old Covenant not the New Covenant (cf. Exodus 31:13, 16-17). A person must be sealed with the seal of God, the Holy Spirit, in order to be a Christian.

"However, you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. But if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Him" (Romans 8:9; cf. 1 Corinthians 6:19-20).

So a Christian must possess the Holy Spirit. However, he does not need to keep the Sabbath.  

"One person regards one day above another, another regards every day alike. Each person must be fully convinced in his own mind" (Romans 14:5).

In Revelation 14:7 we are told to worship the one who made heaven, earth, sea, and fountains of water. In Exodus 20:11 we are told who this one is who made heaven, earth, sea, and all that is in them. It is God or Yahweh. Therefore, we are to worship God not the Sabbath. "Worship Him" Revelation says not worship on a particular day. It is quite a stretch to say that "Worship Him" = "Worship on a particular day". Especially when that particular day has no particular relevance in the New Covenant.

(All Bible quotes in this answer were taken from the New American Standard Bible).

Thanks for the question.
Have a great day,
Brother Sal  

Seventh-Day Adventists

I am privileged to be able to offer an alternative insight into the complicated world of Seventh-Day Adventists (SDA) theology. I will rely heavily on the Bible, but will also consider history and use logic in exposing deficiencies in SDA teachings. I would ask anyone who is considering becoming a SDA or if you are already in the SDA church, but are searching for the truth, to please allow me to offer a different explanation for the claims of the SDA. Remember : "The truth will set you free" (John 8:32). I can answer your questions pertaining to the beliefs and history of the SDA. I am not able to answer questions concerning spirituality or church discipline.

I have extensively studied the theology of the Seventh-Day Adventists (SDA) for a number of years. I have many books and tape sets produced by experts in this field of study. I have debated current members of the SDA church. I have a great desire to help these people see the truth.

M.S. degree in Food, Nutrition, and Dietetics