Seventh-Day Adventists/God's Memorial

Frank wrote at 2014-07-26 22:11:29
What is the purpose of a memorial?

That would be to bring something or someone into remembrance. (Dictionary)

What commandment of the ten tells us to bring something or someone into remembrance?

That would be the 4th commandment. (verses 8-11)

What does it tell us to bring into remembrance?

That would be the Sabbath Day. (verse 8)

What day of the week is the Sabbath?

That would be the 7th day. (verse 10)

Why are we told to remember the Sabbath day?

That would be to keep it holy. (verse 8)

Why are we told to keep it holy?

That would be as a memorial of creation. (verse 11)

Is God's name in the 4th commandment?

That would be yes. (verse 11)

Conclusion: The 4th commandment is a memorial of creation and includes both a name (the Lord) and an event (made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it). In other words if God's name is a memorial then the 4th commandment contains a memorial within a memorial.

In Christ's love,

Seventh-Day Adventists

I am privileged to be able to offer an alternative insight into the complicated world of Seventh-Day Adventists (SDA) theology. I will rely heavily on the Bible, but will also consider history and use logic in exposing deficiencies in SDA teachings. I would ask anyone who is considering becoming a SDA or if you are already in the SDA church, but are searching for the truth, to please allow me to offer a different explanation for the claims of the SDA. Remember : "The truth will set you free" (John 8:32). I can answer your questions pertaining to the beliefs and history of the SDA. I am not able to answer questions concerning spirituality or church discipline.

I have extensively studied the theology of the Seventh-Day Adventists (SDA) for a number of years. I have many books and tape sets produced by experts in this field of study. I have debated current members of the SDA church. I have a great desire to help these people see the truth.

M.S. degree in Food, Nutrition, and Dietetics