Seventh-Day Adventists/Sabbath for all people

Frank wrote at 2014-06-16 04:10:55

6 6 2014 - Sabbath for all people

There is no disagreement that the rainbow is a sign (or token KJV) of the covenant for every living thing (‘all flesh’ KJV and ‘every living creature’ KJV) that the world will never again be destroyed by a worldwide flood. It is with "all flesh" and not with mankind alone and comes with no conditions, unlike the blessings of the Old and New Covenants that come with conditions. That is, obedience to the law of God.

The New Covenant condition is "walk before me, and be thou perfect.(Gen 17:1 KJV) Abraham kept the covenant by faith. "And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed. So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham. (Galatians 3:8-9 KJV)

The Old Covenant conditions are not so readily condensed into one statement. "Ye shall keep my sabbaths, and reverence my sanctuary: I am the LORD. If ye walk in my statutes, and keep my commandments, and do them; Then . . ." (Leviticus 26:2-4 KJV)

"But if ye will not hearken unto me, and will not do all these commandments; And if ye shall despise my statutes, or if your soul abhor my judgments, so that ye will not do all my commandments, but that ye break my covenant: I also will do this unto you; I will . . ." (Leviticus 26:14-16 KJV)

Under the ratified New Covenant judgment is deferred and is visited only upon the finally unrepentant.

The ten precepts that were written in stone at Sinai are but a copy of the true tables of the law in the heavenly sanctuary.

“And the temple of God was opened in heaven, and there was seen in his temple the ark of his testament . . .” (Revelation 11:19 KJV)

The Ten Commandments contain the sign of the covenant. Since the expert is deceived into believing that the Sabbath commandment was instituted at Sinai and ended at the cross, he argues that keeping holy the Sabbath day is no longer a righteous requirement of the law and is no longer a sign for God’s people.

SDA’s believe that the principles of the 10 C’s were written in the heart and mind of man when he was created.

“So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.” (Genesis 1:27 KJV)

Those who say that the Sabbath wasn’t kept by A&E because they believe it wasn’t made holy until Sinai need only to look at the Sabbath commandment itself to know that that argument is a false one.

“Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: [11] For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.” (Exodus 20:9-11 KJV)

Verse 11 tells the Sabbath was made when the seventh day of creation week ended and it was made holy. There are those who say the Sabbath wasn’t instituted at that time, arguing that A&E were, therefore, not required to keep it. Since the moral law does not and cannot change and is a reflection of God’s holy character, that argument is unmerited.

“Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.” (Romans 7:12 KJV)

“For I am the LORD that bringeth you up out of the land of Egypt, to be your God: ye shall therefore be holy, for I am holy.” (Leviticus 11:45 KJV)  

It wasn’t until sin that the law that was to guarantee the peace and joy of life in God’s kingdom on earth became a death sentence.

“The soul that sinneth, it shall die . . .” (Ezekiel 18:20 KJV)

“And the commandment, which was ordained to life, I found to be unto death.” (Romans 7:10 KJV)

In Old Covenant typology, the children of Israel represent God’s commandment keeping people. As it was under the Old Covenant, the Sabbath is a sign for God’s people under the New Covenant. It is a sign that they believe the creator of the heavens and the earth is the Lord God and keeping holy the Sabbath day is a sign of allegiance for His people.  

“Wherefore the children of Israel shall keep the sabbath, to observe the sabbath throughout their generations, for a perpetual covenant. It is a sign between me and the children of Israel for ever: for in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed.” (Exodus 31:16-17 KJV)

“For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:”  (Hebrews 8:10 KJV)

“But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world. For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature. And as many as walk according to this rule, peace be on them, and mercy, and upon the Israel of God.” (Galatians 6:14-16 KJV)

“At one time you Gentiles rejected God. But now Israel has rejected God, and you have been shown mercy. And because of the mercy shown to you, they will also be shown mercy. All people have disobeyed God, and that's why he treats them as prisoners. But he does this, so that he can have mercy on all of them.” (Romans 11:30-32 CEV)

It is not God’s will that any should perish but he cannot save the finally unrepentant.

“The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.” (2 Peter 3:9 KJV)

Those who reject Christ don’t come into judgment. They are self condemned, having refused God’s free offer of justification through faith in His son.

In Christ’s love,

Frank  

Seventh-Day Adventists

Sal