Seventh-Day Adventists/God's Memorial

Question
Dear Sal:

David wrote of God, "Thy name, O Lord, endureth for ever; and thy memorial, O Lord, throughout all generations" (Psalm 135:13). What is God's memorial? Our clue is that the memorial is to be kept throughout all generations. What does God say is to be kept throughout all generations? God tells us. "Wherefore the children of Israel shall keep the sabbath, to observe the sabbath throughout their generations, for a perpetual covenant" (Exodus 31:16). The memorial of God is the 7th day Sabbath. So when you deny the 7th day Sabbath you deny God. It is by the observance of God's memorial, the 7th day Sabbath, that we acknowledge God as our God.

May God Help You,
Penny

Answer
Dear Sister Penny:

Recently, I have been asking questioners to lay aside preconceived beliefs and church teachings in order to better understand God's word. In other words, don't add to God's word. Unfortunately, you are a perfect example of what I have been warning against. You have plainly added  your personal belief to God's word.  

There is nothing in the verse in question that says or even implies that God's memorial is the 7th day Sabbath. Such a belief can only be arrived at if one is already observing the sign of the Old Covenant, the 7th day Sabbath (cf. Exodus 31:13, 16-17; Ezekiel 20:12, 20). I cannot honestly imagine an unbiased person reading that verse and coming to the conclusion that Christians are to observe the 7th day Sabbath.

The KJV of Psalm 135:13 that you quoted may not be the clearest translation as to what is God's memorial. So let's look at some other translations that may shed some light on what is the memorial. I have found that the other translations that I have consulted seem to indicate that God's memorial is His name. In any event, it clearly is not the 7th day Sabbath that is God's memorial in this verse.  

"Your name, Lord, endures forever, your renown, Lord, through all generations" (NIV).
"O Jehovah, Thy name [is] to the age, O Jehovah, Thy memorial to all generations" (YLT).
"Your name, O Lord, endures forever, Your fame, O Lord, throughout all generations" (NKJV).
"Your name, O Lord, endures forever, your renown, O Lord, throughout all ages" (ESV & NRSV).
"Your name, O Lord, is everlasting, Your remembrance, O Lord, throughout all generations" (NASB).    
"Thy name, O Jehovah, is for ever; thy memorial, O Jehovah, from generation to generation" (DARBY).
"Lord, thy name is [into] without end; Lord, thy memorial be in generation and into generation. (Lord, thy name shall endure forever; Lord, thou shalt be remembered by all generations)" (Wycliffe).

In support of God's name being His memorial we read,

And God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM.” And He said, “Thus you shall say to the children of Israel, ‘I AM has sent me to you.’” Moreover God said to Moses, “Thus you shall say to the children of Israel: ‘The Lord God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, has sent me to you. This is My name forever, and this is My memorial to all generations. (Exodus 3:14-15 NKJV).

Based on the above I believe it is more likely that God's name is His memorial. However, whatever is God's memorial according to this verse it clearly is not the 7th day Sabbath of that much we can be certain.

God Bless You,
Brother Sal

Seventh-Day Adventists

Sal