Seventh-Day Adventists/Nailed to the Cross

Dear Sal,
The Old Covenant was nailed to the Cross. But what about the record of one's sins? Was it also nailed to the Cross? Please clarify. Thanks very much.

Dear Brother Mike:

Absolutely! If our sins were not nailed to the cross of our Lord then we are eternally lost because the wages of sin is death. We all sin, therefore, we deserve death. "For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord" (Romans 6:23 ESV). You rightly mention the cross' role in our salvation, but let's not neglect the other important aspect of our salvation--the Resurrection. "And if Christ has not been raised, your faith is futile and you are still in your sins" (1 Corinthians 15:17 ESV). It is by his life, death and Resurrection that Jesus saves us. So let's rejoice that our sins were nailed to the cross and that he rose from the dead for all those who believe.

God Bless You,
Brother Sal

Seventh-Day Adventists

I am privileged to be able to offer an alternative insight into the complicated world of Seventh-Day Adventists (SDA) theology. I will rely heavily on the Bible, but will also consider history and use logic in exposing deficiencies in SDA teachings. I would ask anyone who is considering becoming a SDA or if you are already in the SDA church, but are searching for the truth, to please allow me to offer a different explanation for the claims of the SDA. Remember : "The truth will set you free" (John 8:32). I can answer your questions pertaining to the beliefs and history of the SDA. I am not able to answer questions concerning spirituality or church discipline.

I have extensively studied the theology of the Seventh-Day Adventists (SDA) for a number of years. I have many books and tape sets produced by experts in this field of study. I have debated current members of the SDA church. I have a great desire to help these people see the truth.

M.S. degree in Food, Nutrition, and Dietetics