Seventh-Day Adventists/Hallo,brethren

There is something i want to know about in malach's prophecy   Malach 4:5~6
there is a prophecy about the coming of Elijah the prophet who will turn the hearts of fathers to the children and the hearts of children to the fathers."
as we know this prophecy fulfilled by john the baptist,' but let me quote the fulfilled prophecy in luke 1:17  
>>He will also go before him in the spirit and power of Elijah, 'to turn THE HEARTS OF FATHERS TO THE CHILDREN.' and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just, to make ready a people prepared for the Lord."*
   the prophecy in malach says "he will turn the hearts of fathers to the children, and the hearts of children to the fathers."
but the the fulfilled prophecy as explained in luke 1:17 says   "he will turn the hearts of fathers to the children," [only]."
1.' did john the baptist turn not the hearts of children to fathers 2.' if yes, who will turn the hearts of children to the fathers, because today there are many false prophets who claim that, they are Elijah that they come to turn the hearts of children to fathers  because john the baptist turn only hearts of fathers to children.'
2.' if no, why the fulfilled prophecy in luke 1:17 says only about turn hearts of fathers to children,' and not as the prophecy in malach which says "turn hearts of fathers to the children and hearts of children to the fathers."

I believe that the answer is both yes and no.  If you study out the prophetic tone attached to the events given to Moses to mark the major points of the Plan of Salvation for God's People, you'll find that there are actually three fulfillments to each one.  Those who try to insist there can only be one fulfillment of a given prophecy are guilty of limiting the mind and the power of God.

An example is the prophecy given to Joel (Joel 2:28-32).  This prophecy is basically a prediction that God the Holy Spirit will be poured out upon God's People.  Some try to claim that this prophecy was fulfilled in the days of the apostles just because Peter quotes it in Acts 2:16-21.  But where was the fulfillment of the events prophesied in verses 30 and 31 of Joel 2 -- which Peter quoted in Acts 2:19 and 20?

Does this mean Peter was wrong and the events of that Day of Pentecost were *not* a fulfillment of Joel 2?  I don't think so.  Rather, the events of that day were a *partial* fulfillment of the prophecy.  If you back up a bit, in Joel 2, you will find mention in verse 23 of both a former and a latter rain.  This rain is the rain of the Holy Spirit and the former rain is only moderate -- such as the 120 in the upper room and the 3,000 who were baptized that day.  In short, there is yet a future Day of Pentecost on which the Holy Spirit will be poured out on 144,000 who will go out with a message to the world before that final great and terrible Day of the Lord.

But I stated there are three fulfillments of these type of prophetic events.  I've showed you two of them, but where is the third?  If you look back to Mt. Siniai on that day when God gave His Law through Moses, you'll find that it was also the Day of Pentecost (the Feast of Weeks) and that the Holy Spirit was poured out on God's People just before God Spoke from the Mount.

So, what does this have to do with the prophecy in Malachi 4:1-6?  Well, the first "coming" of Elijah was when he came in person to Mt. Carmel and called the people back to obedience to God.  The second time was in the spirit of Elijah when John the Baptist called the people of Jesus' day back to obedience to God.  Like the former and the latter rains, Elijah will come again in spirit when the 144,000 go out to the world and calls them back to obedience to God.

To what will the 144,000 have to call the world back into obedience?  There is not one religion on the earth today which holds dear all of the same principles of God's Law which the disciples and apostles held to from the time of Christ's Ascension until their deaths.  The disciples received direct instruction of Jesus Christ, Himself, and not once did Christ instruct them to let go of a single principle of God's full and complete Law.

So, when the 144,000 set out to "restore all things" (Matthew 17:11), they will quote Malachi 4:4 saying, "Remember ye the law of Moses my servant, which I commanded unto him in Horeb for all Israel, with the statutes and judgments."

May God richly bless you in direct proportion to your desire to know, and to do, the full truth even as it is in Yehsh' haMshyach, Jesus Christ, The Messiah, our Lord, and our Saviour.  Awmane!

Seventh-Day Adventists

Dave L Clark

I can answer most any question which is truly Bible-centric. I make this distinction because there is much which is considered biblical; but, which, is actually based only upon the traditions of men. However, I will also state this caveat: not all traditions are necessarily "bad" by definition. Otherwise, the subject about which I am passionate is The Law of God. There is much misconception in this area. In point of fact, I, myself, only woke up a bit over 10 years ago (2002) to what is truly meant by the Law of God and how that relates to Salvation. This, of course, is a touchy subject when you start mixing the Law of God with the subject of Salvation -- which, everyone should know, is a gift of God, by grace, through faith and not of works; lest any man should boast (Eph. 2:8,9). I am thankful that God the Holy Spirit has opened, and is opening, my eyes to these Truths.

I have taken Bible classes every year since the first grade through 4-year college level and study the Bible every week with others in Sabbath School. I have also continued studying the Bible, on my own, throughout my life -- particularly these last 10+ years. Therefore, I consider myself to have about 48+ years of both formal and informal Bible experience upon which to draw.

I am a current member in good and full standing with the Seventh-Day Adventist Church. I am also a level-7 member of Yahoo!Answers in the Religion & Spirituality group. Lastly, though not a related discipline, I am also a member at because of my professional standing as a computer programmer of more than 35 years.

"The Truth About the Law of God" by Dave L Clark I is a 298-page book available at Some of my writings may also be found on the following websites: << >>; << >>; and, << >>.

I have 3 years of formal college and a 4-year college equivalence degree in Information Technology. Otherwise, I am not formally credentialed in Bible doctrine or theology. However, when did God ever say that He only speaks to or through theologian-type or highly-placed sources?